We only stayed one night - checked in at 3 (an hour early) and out at noon. The hotel is immaculate as are the rooms. The bedding is divine. We took a king room and a double queen for my son and daughter to share. We were not worried about food, minibars, etc so I can't comment on that.
There is an attached restaurant and bar that seems to be open from early in the morning to late at night. After touring the town, we came back to the hotel and sat in the outdoor dining and had a refreshment. Our table was one of those with a built in fireplace and the seats were oversized rocking chairs. We were in heaven. My kids both had summer reading and they were so comfortable that they went up and got their books. They chose to stay there and eat dinner later while my husband and I went downtown for our dinner. Our kids report that the lobster mac and cheese was very tasty. We had an excellent breakfast the next day, so I think all in all the food is good - fresh and nicely prepared. Unlike other reviewers, we had VERY attentive service during all visits.
I did not price this vs. other options in Brunswick. The night before we stayed in a Comfort Inn in Waterville and I did not enjoy it. The downstairs smelled like chlorine from the indoor pool and the rooms were a bit shabby. The Inn at Brunswick is head and shoulders above a Comfort Inn and worth the price differential (for our family.)
There is also an outdoor porch that you can sit on and read and have a glass of wine while gazing out to maine street and the near corner of Bowdoin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly adjacent to Bowdoin College and steps away from the lively downtown, The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern perfectly positions guests to take advantage of all this college town and the state's picturesque Mid-Coast region have to offer. Handsomely appointed guest rooms feature a mix of heavenly king and queen beds, spacious workstations and sleekly stylish baths. Flat screen televisions, complimentary internet access and in-room coffee add to the comfort and enjoyment. Connecting rooms are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Brunswick Station Hotel Brunswick
- The Brunswick Hotel And Tavern Maine