“Cosy Wonderful Place in the North of Maine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Brunswick Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brunswick
The Brunswick Inn
You added The Brunswick Inn to your Saves list
165 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Brunswick B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Cosy Wonderful Place in the North of Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is wonderful B & B. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are well appointed and cozy. We had a room for 3 on the top floor that was really special and well situated.
You could have a nice quite happy hour in front of the fire in the public rooms downstairs
before heading out to dinner.
Breakfast was great the next morning in the common dining room.
I love the huge fire place in the dinning room
The inn is well situated to the train station and down town for dinner both just a walk away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
brunswick, maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The new owners here have changed out the former too-cutesy typical B&B frills and pastels for a more elegant, boutique hotel-like decor. They provide the service that goes with that. Unlike most B&B's, there is a full bar discretely located near a wood burning fireplace. The sheets are not grandma's hand-me-downs, but luxury linnens by Frette. The rooms are attractive. One large room has a wood burning FPL at each end. Star chef Dana Robicheaw presents occasional special dinners for the local gourmets, and they are well attended. The inn had a terrific Downton Abbey dinner, sold out, see pix. The lodging rooms are decorated in a spare and elegant mode. We stayed in room 10, which was fine. Since they took ownership 4 years ago, the new owners have been systematically renovating, and almost all of the rooms have been done. There is a separate building called the carriage house. There is also another building called the cottage, but that may be under renovation when you read this. One downside, the TV in our room was a bit from the dark ages, but hopefully you will find way better things to do in this romantic boutique inn than watch TV.

IMPORTANT: do not confuse this inn with The Inn at Brunswick Station. Some people do and check in to the wrong place. That inn is, as it says, located at a train station. The station serves both Amtrak and freight. It is new, and, in my opinion, has a decor best described as "corporate corporate". This inn, the Brunswick Inn, is located alongside a classic Maine village green, far from much traffic. I personally happen to like trains, but given the choice I'd rather not stay at a train station.

Room Tip: The carriage house rooms seem very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just adore this inn and will certainly return. The proprietor is friendly and helpful and has wonderful taste. The inn is decorated with fine furnishings and lovely painting which hang in gracious rooms with lovely detail. The living room, which is open to guests, has two fireplaces,
and tea or coffee are available there. The dining room, where breakfast is served, has a large fireplace as well and the breakfast, included, was delicious and included fresh fruit and baked muffins.
The dining room also serves as a bar in the evening so the inn is great for a group to meet at.
Within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Brunswick.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orford, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We drove from Orford, Qc to the town of Brunswick because we love the state of Maine, and the town is close to pretty sea sites (not to swim in February) and close to Portland. Mind you Brunswick his good looking also and has good restaurants.

The B&B is very nice and close to restaurants of many kinds and prices. We really did enjoyed our room in the house itself. The breakfast room, Bar and living room have fire place which will be lit on your request.

Our host that week-end was Linda, which we did appreciate a lot. All the staff is very dedicated to your comfort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I recently took a trip to Maine for the weekend. We had never stayed in Brunswick and actually got the name from a living social deal. We were a little hesitant having never stayed in a bed and breakfast before but all our expectaitions were met and then some! The owner and staff could not do enough to make us feel welcome. We stayed in the carriage house but spent alot of time in the main part of the inn. Being winter, it was nice to spend time in front of the fire, which they were happy to build in any room in which we wished to relax. The food was spectacular and the quaintness of the 1848 inn was just what we were looking for. We will DEFINATELY be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Brunswick Inn last night and I was delighted! We first attended an Austrian wine pairing dinner there which was out of this world. Apparently the Inn does these amazing event dinners (like the wine pairing) every month and from what I hear they have all been fabulous! The Inn is warm and beautifully decorated, and the entire staff was kind and friendly. This morning we had the most delicious breakfast - the spinach quiche was melt in your mouth! I understand the breakfast specials change daily but they all sounded delicious - quiche, eggs benedict, omelets, french toast. The Inn is located in the best spot in town - right across the street from the mall, a grassy area that is transformed into an ice rink in winter and hosts the farmer's market in spring summer, and fall. It is 2 blocks from the downtown shops and restaurants. The proprietors, Eileen and Jim Hornor, are truly lovely people. Warm, generous, funny - we had a blast! I can't wait to return again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Enfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at The Brunswick Inn twice (June 2010 and June 2012) while assisting at a week-long course at Bowdoin. I had originally received a recommendation from a Bowdoin Mom, who had stayed there while visiting her son. I cannot say enough about this place. Not only is the inn warm and inviting, but the owners are friendly and accommodating. I would find handwritten personalized notes waiting for me the nights I got in late. Each morning I had to be up at the college (a short walk from the Inn) earlier than breakfast is generally served, but Eileen and her staff got in early to prepare a delicious breakfast special for me! Be sure not to confuse this Inn with the new Brunswick Station, which is very pretty, but has a formal, sterile, stuffy feel to it. I had seen their lobby and pub when meeting up with colleagues, but was very happy to return that evening to the cozy, comfortable, and charming Brunswick Inn. I can't wait until the 2014 Bowdoin course so that I can stay at The Brunswick Inn again! Or maybe I'll have to take a pleasure trip in between... P.S. I LOVE their almond shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion!

Room Tip: Their website not only allows you to see a picture of each room, but the online reservation tool all...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!