“Amazing place for all ages!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium

Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium
35 South Side Road | Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador A0A3H0, Canada
709 330 3474
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Aquariums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium, 15 minutes south of St. John's is a non-profit, hands-on, catch and release, seasonal marine education organization. We are opening seasonally, June 15- October 19, everyday, 10am-6pm.
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Amazing place for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Absolutely LOVED this place. I brought my 4 year old here, and he had a blast. The staff there were awesome and very knowledgeable. Such a cute little spot to bring the young ones. We will definetly be going again!

Visited June 2013

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Excellent experience, and the staff were FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My two sons and I came to visit the aquarium on Friday! It happened to be a beautiful day so even the walk from the parking lot to the aquarium was lovely! The staff were SO patient as my four year old, and six year old asked them TONS of questions. They took time with them at each station (we were lucky that it wasnt too crowded!), answered lots of questions, and told them all about all the sea creatures in the tanks. The tanks themselves were clear and clean, and it was easy to see everything inside. This was an excellent daytrip for us, and I expect we will come again before summer is finished! Thanks!

Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Such a lovely Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a lovely little Aquarium, wonderful for any age, fun and educational. Makes for a great trip to Petty Harbour. Really enjoyed talking with the staff - they were super knowledgeable. A great addtion to a great town!

Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“A great place to visit in a pretty little town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been to Newfoundland many times... Petty Harbour is a beautiful little town, and I was eager to visit the new mini aquarium this summer...
My husband, 12 year old daughter and I visited recently and we're all so glad we did! It was a very cool place to visit, with hands-on learning opportunities. The staff are very pleasant, and knowledgeable! We were able to hold crabs, watch and learn how star fish eat (which was more interesting than you may think!) and touch sea anemone! The rare blue lobster and albino snow crab are very neat to see, too : )
The price of admission is reasonable, and although the facility is pretty small, it holds a lot of very amazing marine life. I would highly recommend making this a stop along your way (and be sure to take in the beautiful views in Petty Harbour & Maddox Cove, too!!!)

Visited July 2013
PettyHrbMiniAquarium, Owner at Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you Paula D for your review! We are so glad you had a good time with your family. We agree, seastars eating habits are quite interesting. :) We hope you will visit us again next time you return to Newfoundland.
Burin, Newfoundland, Canada
“Great Place, Great Staff, Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had such a great time at the mini Aquarium. The staff were very knowledgable and helpful. The displays are excellent and are a great representation of the sea life of Newfoundland and Labrador. The exhibits are well taken care of, the specimens have adaquate room for movement and are well cared for. Melanie and Ruby were such a great help, the other staff seemed nice as well, though I didn't have alot of dealings with them. My wife and son were given a personal tour by Melanie and my son was allowed to experience the touch tank to the fullest. Overall a great place to visit and a great place to learn what inhabits the coastal areas of this fine province. Thanks for the experience and I will highly reccomend the mini aquarium to everyone.

Todd, Amanda and Charlie Hollett