“A wonderful meal in a familiar environment” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sedgwick, Maine
“A wonderful meal in a familiar environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and I have eating her a number of times and always come away pleased. Last night was exceptional. we both had the lightly blackened blue fish and it was excellent and complemented by the vegetable medley. Kathy started with an excellent cucumber soup and I had the muscles which were wonderful and just the right amount for an appetizer. I finished with the best caprese salad I have had with just the right amount of cheese and tomatoes that were fresh and delicious. We finished with the chocolate desert. The wine list is very comprehension and owner Chip Angle is always attentive. If Marcus is the chef he is as good as ever.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gallatin, Tennessee
“Sophisticated Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We ate twice at the inn this week. The owner is a consummate host who brings great charm to the experience. The chef is a true gourmet and produces classic dishes in a rural environment. Many of the diners are yachtsmen returning on summer cruises. Brooklin is a major wooden boat building center. The bouillabaisse was chock full of local sea offerings and the halibut was superb. A not to be forgotten experience in a lovely traditional setting. Mr. Angell has touched this tiny town with grace.

Visited August 2014
Orland
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

A lovely Inn in a nice area. We've eaten there several times in the last couple of years, and really enjoyed it, However, our last visit on 7/3 was a bit of a disaster. We had made reservations for the advertised 'Italian Dinner for 2' , but when we got there they didn't have our reservation. Not a problem as it wasn't very busy. The dinner for 2 turned out to be a dinner for one, with an extra plate to share. The meal did not include a starter or salad so we ordered a tomato and mozzarella salad at the owners' recommendation. After waiting 20 minutes and seeing other diners who came in after us being served we questioned where our salad was. Apparently, the owner forgot to put the order in. The staff was very apologetic and very friendly, but they really seemed disorganized. We ordered desert, and after waiting 20 minutes we were told they were out of that particular desert. It will be a while before we return, probably after the summer tourist season.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

On the last night of a week long visit to the Wooden Boat School I treated myself to dinner at the Brooklin Inn. The service was outstanding, and the food magnificent. As an added touch the chef came out and discussed the menu and how to accommodate a dietary restriction I am forced to live with that can make eating out difficult. I had heard good things about this place, and heartily agree with them!

Visited August 2013
Pueblo
“Nice setting and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited the Brooklin Inn for dinner, and it was a great choice! I loved the atmosphere of the old house and the proprietors were friendly. We ate in the formal dining area, but there is also a pub downstairs. The goat cheese and tomato salad was amazing! I had scallops, which were a little undercooked for my taste, but still delicious. Good meal!

Visited October 2013