“Provided me a great day in Maine!” 5 of 5 stars

Brooklin, ME
Improve this listing
Activities: Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: A school that teaches seamanship.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Provided me a great day in Maine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was introduced to the Wooden Boat School by a friend of mine who had attended classes there for years. We were staying at his cottage and they need a little sweat labor on the last day so he asked me to give them a hand. I jumped at the chance and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So much so that I will return next year for one of their sailing classes. Clint, our instructor was very accommodating to me and seemed to appreciate me coming to help. I am definitely putting this on my "Bucket list" for next summer.

Visited August 2012

Hampton, New Hampshire
18 attraction reviews
“Love boats - stop in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We are a sailing/boating family and wooden boats are gorgeous so when the Stephen Taber anchored and brought us ashore to see this wonderful school we were thrilled. They had about 30 students that week making wooden kayaks that were just a work of art. A highlight of our trip.

Visited August 2012
Quincy
3 attraction reviews
“great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The store is full of wonderful wooden boot related items. The harbor is full of beautiful wooden boats with a wonderful view. We sat for a hour watching the boats sail in the harbor.

Visited July 2012
“I must go down to the Sea again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you want to know about building wooden Boats this is the place you want to be at!! People attending classes about boat building, people in the act of building boats. Great place to spend the day.

Visited September 2011
Surry, Maine
38 attraction reviews
“Wooden Boat School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great for someone wanting to build their owm boat. you can go and watch and it is great to see people realizing their dream come true. I always wanted my husband to come and just do that, but I guess it just is not his dream.