My husband and I stayed here from July 17th thru the 24th. This was our honeymoon and we had a really good time.
We stay in a comfort room with the Privileged access. The room was fine. Nothing to over the top but still nice. We did have a broken TV and it took them a couple of days to come and fix it. But the mini bar was free, they have free wifi and they are provided great service so that made up for it.
We ate at all the restaurants and the buffet, food was very good. We enjoyed our food cery day every night. They also do grilling on the beach for lunch that was really good.
They alao have some amazing deals at this resort. We did two lobster dinners, which were so delicious, so beautiful, very romantic, great price!!!! Also we had an amazing massage that also was a very great price. I recommend both. If you have any questions whike your there, go to Pilar or Gudalupe, they were soooo amazing, very very helpful and very nice. Also Alice was a really sweet girl that loves to get people involvedin the activites around the redort. I was really happy with the service.
The only things that I will say that is more on the negative side is the mosquitoes are so horrible so bring a lot is bug repellent and because me and my husband like to go out and party a little, we were pretty far away from playa del Carmen and Cancun. You can take a taxi but you can't really negotiotaions on price. It's was 50 round trip to playa and 100 to cancun. So that sucked a little. But the resort was nice and the beach was absolutely beautiful and amazing. I have lived in Miami and I live in the Sarasota area now and this beach is probably the best I've been too. Very enjoyable.
I would definitely recommend this all inclusive to anyone I really really enjoyed myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma