We stayed at Catalonia for a week in May. The room was large and clean. Mini-fridge was stocked with water, soda, and beer each day. The hotels grounds and common areas were also kept very clean. My favorite part of this hotel was the beach. It was beautiful and very swimmable (no rocks, waves but not too rough). The only problem was that the chairs under palapas were claimed very early in the morning. No one on the beach, but every chair with some shade was taken by 7:30am. I guess this happens everywhere though.
The animation staff was great. They were running activities all day and at night. They could use more servers and bartenders at the pool bar. I think there was only one server for the whole beach area. It took a long time to get your drink if you ordered from him. Same thing at the bar.
Restaurants were good. Food was mostly average. The buffet had a huge selection. Our favorite restaurant was the tapas place (I forget the name).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma