This was our third time staying at this GREAT resort and although we have always been very happy with the food , service and rooms, we noticed several improvements Loved all the new seating around the beach bar..I really dont understand all the negative comments in other reviews.The Catalonia is the perfect size, not too small but it does not take you 4 days to find your way around. The walk to the main buffet is not really very far. I have been to other resorts where you have to take a shuttle around. We stayed during a busy time and we never had to wait for more than 5 minutes to be seated at any of the restaurants. The Italian was our least favorite on previous stays but this time it was the best, including the service of the entire staff. Our waiter Victor was the best.... We stayed in priveledge superior and the air conditioning worked great. Drinks on the beach our served with a big smile by Enrique who works very hard. The animation team was the best ever. Alice and Brenda were very friendly and took time to sit and talk to us each day and they were both wonderful in the shows. I had one small issue with getting more water in the room and Pilar, of guest serices took care of it immediately and was very happy to help and was truly concerned about making sure we were taken care of. Thank you Pilar..... This is not an elegant, fancy resort. It is a beautiful tropical beach resort with beautiful landscaping and palms trees all around, including on the beach. Rooms are not perfect, but again, they are beach rooms. Pretty, Clean and Comfortable. Some suggestions to hotel-self serve coffee and water at buffet, better top shelf liquor available for an extra charge, a reception for returning guests. ( They had one in 2011 and we really enjoyed meeting with the staff and learning more about the resort.). GREAT RESORT,TRULY BEAUTIFUL BEACH, GREAT FOOD,GREAT STAFF, GREAT FUN AND GREAT VALUE. THANK YOU TO ALL. ESPECIALLY PILAR, ENRIQUE,ALICE,BRENDA,MARIA FROM HOUSEKEEPING. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma