This was our second trip to Catalonia Playa Maroma (Jan. 11-18, 2012) our first trip was last January.
This time it was just my wife & I. We decided to go back since our first visit was so wonderful.
However this time we found the service in the main Buffet dining room had gone downhill. There seemed to be less staff and some of the food was barely warm - these seemed to be the case at the A-La-Carte restaurants as well. The resort it self was wonderful and the maid service was exceptional, as was the check-in and check-out at the Privilege Lounge area - Muriel was fantastic - she even gave us some of her favourite Mexican recipes.
This is still one of the best beach resorts for the money. If you are more of a pool person this is probably not your cup of tea - this is for the beach loving tourist.
Because of the less than ideal service/quality we will probably not return next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma