“Great hotel in the Maya Riviera” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa

You added Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 307, Kilometer 51 | Solidaridad, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up To $200 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great hotel in the Maya Riviera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Great staff! Attention to personal detail is impeccable! Called you by name. Going the extra mile to make your stay at the hotel second to none. Breakfast was superb and dinner at both restaurants unforgettable. The view at anytime of the day of the ocean from the restaurants was beautiful!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Belmond is quite a hidden place. Coming from the street you barely notice the entrance which is shared with other hotels. The check in was and reception was very good. Although our arrival was between 3 and 4PM the room was still not ready even with early check in possibility announced. The room size is average for resort hotels though I found the pricing to be high for what was being offered. The staff was helpful and polite throughout the stay. The setup of the hotel was also very good. There are three pools throughout the resort and the beach is very beautiful without too much traffic. There was some algae at the beach, but that is beyond the control of the hotel. They did a good job of removing it every day. The food in the hotel is priced average for a hotel of this class. I was missing dedicated food options for kids in the room menu for a lower price. Food was a bit of a disappointment in the hotel starting from breakfast over lunch, the pool bar, room service or dinner. In general the food reminded me of a good Mexican restaurant in the USA rather than the real thing. You could also get fresh orange juice which should be a given in a hotel in this price class only if you asked for it to be squeezed. Skip the shrimp cocktail, the sauce is terrible flavoured mayonnaise. If you are looking for a luxury experience away from the stress and want to be pampered and don't care about food that much then this is a great place.

Stayed August 2015
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking a moment to share your experience of your recent stay at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa with me and the TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to know that your overall experience was great despite the inconveniences with the food, for which I would like to apologize. Belmond Maroma is well known for offering guests authentic Mexican flavors in every venue with a wide variety of options to choose from; however, please know that I have arranged to discuss your comments with my team in order to address them accordingly.

Should you decide to give us another opportunity, please feel free to contact us to assist you with your arrangements in a more personalized manner.

Best regards,

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Belmond Maroma definitely exceeded my expectation! We had rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel for 90 people. Most of my guests stayed at the hotel for 4-7 days and everybody was so pleased with everything.

My husband wrote this letter to Karina, the event manager who took care of my wedding event:

"Dear Karina,

Thank you for all of the work that was done to ensure the success of our
wedding weekend. We were aware of the Belmond Maroma’s strong
reputation, but not ever having been to the hotel previous to this event, we
were nervous as to how the event would unfold logistically, as well as the
quality of the food and service for our special day.
Well, I can certainly say that all of our fears and concerns dissipated
immediately when we saw the quality of the Belmond Maroma’s team. Our
wedding exceeded our expectations in every way, and we heard many times
from our guests that of all the weddings they had attended, this was the best,
and certainly had the best wedding reception by far. In particular, they were
sure to call out how impressed they were by the genuineness of the service,
the quality of the food and desserts at the two dinners, and the friendliness of
the staff overall.
We appreciate the work everyone on the teams put in to make sure this went
well for our friends & family. "

We will definitely come back next year! Five star rating for this resort

Gigi & Scott

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are worth it! Although the garden rooms are very good too.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Gigi & Scott,

First of all, congratulations! Thank you for giving us the confidence to celebrate with you such an incredible moment, your Wedding.

I am glad to know that my team went beyond to surpass every expectation you had and that you enjoyed an amazing time while being embraced by the magic of this little piece of paradise.

I have happily shared your encourage comments with the rest of my team and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your first Anniversary with us at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is impeccable and like no other!! From the start, the arrangements were very easy. I originally booked on booking.com but found a better offer through their website. I contacted them and they easily transferred my pre-paid deposit from booking.com to my new reservation and paid for the rest via email, no penalties or fees.

Arrival to this resort and you will see that you are in for something very special. Secluded, serene and very secure, you approach the building through a lovely jungle and see how vast the immaculate ground are. Greeted warmly by Petra, she showed us around the establishment, refreshment in hand and cold towels on offer as it was very hot that day.

Our room was extremely comfortable and large overlooking the ocean in the main part of the building, steps away from the beach, bar and restaurant. We were greeted with big smiles every day.

We were lucky as the place wasn't very busy and we felt we had most of it to ourselves, never had to fight for a space on the beach or pool. Our beach boy Jefferson took great care of us as we ordered our lunches and drinks on our sun loungers.

There was a bit of a seasonal seaweed problem across the entire coast of Cancun. The Belmond did their best to clear this each and every morning so guests could enjoy the beach, not many other hotels along the coast were providing the same service, another way Belmond goes out of their way for their guese.

Petra, Christina and all the staff in hospitality will happily arrange anything for you. We booked a private snorkel trip through their own tour provider, a private day trip to Chichen Itza, the fresh water cenotes, a stop in Valladolid and an amazing lunch at a local establishment as well as arrange for us to visit Cozumel and arrange another private snorkel expedition there...can't thank them enough for making our visit so wonderful.

Breakfast was always exciting, we ordered freshly made quesadillas each morning from the lovely Talia who hand made them and brought them to our table.

Definitely go for the ocean view room upgrade, it's totally worth it listening to the waves from your balcony.

Can't recommend this enough and we will be back!

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa. Definitely, comments such as yours uplift our spirit. I will be more than happy to share them with the rest of my team, especially with those you kindly remember.

This will always be your paradise home away from home, and until you come back, receive warm regards from all the Belmond Maroma family.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just had 4 wonderful nights at this hotel. The staff is first rate. Anything you need, they will make it happen. Service on the beach where we spent everyday was attentive and friendly. Jefferson was our man on the beach and we wanted for nothing. Breakfast was fantastic and again if you were looking to personalize your meal, no problem.We usually did a late small lunch because breakfast was filling. I would highly recommend the duck tacos or a garlic shrimp taco, very good. Our first two dinners were a little disappointing but I soon found just open my mouth and they would tailor the food to my liking.
There is no television to be had and that was a good thing. Total relaxation. The spa was again fantastic and I had two wonderful sessions with Marivelle.
There was only one negative that was not under the control of the hotel and it concerned the beach and the seaweed issue. It is happening in the Caribbean along with Mexico and so ocean swimming wasn't great. The pools were fantastic and convenient to the beach. Make sure you say hello to Manuel1 and Manuel2 at the bar, two great guys!
I will be returning to this small piece of paradise and would not hesitate to give it a 5 star rating.

Stayed August 2015
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for have taking a moment to share your experience of your recent stay at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa with all our TripAdvisor Readers.

I have also shared your comments with my team, especially with those who you kindly remember.

Finally, I am happy to learn that you had a wonderful experience while being pampered by our friendly staff despite the sargassum; we are working hard to keep our beach clean for you to enjoy, and in the meantime, we will just have to wait it out, as they say, until Mother Nature in all her wisdom, completes her course. Thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to this, your paradise home away from home.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent facilities and customer service. They always accommodated the needs of our 2 and a half year old baby with a smile. We had a great time and enjoyed all the facilities. Food was always excellent. We will come back !

Stayed July 2015
BelmondMaroma, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa. Nothing is more satisfying than to learn we have met our valued guests' expectations.

It is a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team has created memorable experiences that you have taken back home.

We look forward to welcome you back in your next visit.

Until then,

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On the best stretch of beach in Riviera Maya. Property is stunning and beautifully maintained. Feels like an elegant hacienda on the beach. Staff couldn't be more helpful. We have never visited a hotel with better service - anywhere. Even 5* hotels in Thailand could learn a thing or two from the staff t Belmond Maroma. The food is great - especially breakfast - the homemade tortillas / quesadillas are awesome.
We cannot recommend this property enough - it's very special.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with me and our TripAdvisor readers.

It is a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa and that our team has created memorable experiences that you have taken back home. As I always say, there is only one way to have a happy guest and that is having a happy team!

The entire team and myself, are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to our little paradise for more amazing experiences!

Kind regards,

The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del Carmen
#8 of 201 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 stars 11,324 reviews

Been to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!