“Amazing beach and hotel for a romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa

You added Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 307, Kilometer 51 | Solidaridad, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
Riviera Maya
“Amazing beach and hotel for a romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is not an all-inclusive hotel, but as a result it's smaller and the staff has more time to provide good service & get to know you. The beach is beautiful with plenty of places to lounge. The food is amazing, especially the complementary breakfast which (when I was there) included fruits, yogurt, pastries, fresh juice, coffee/tea, hot chocolate, quesadillas, and a proper breakfast entree on top of that! The spa was also really fantastic—even the most basic option. There are a variety of other things you can do onsite and you can easily spend your entire stay at the resort or you can go on some excursions. My wife and I did the snorkeling (left from the beach) and also the excursion to Rio Secreto (which is a big underground cave with water, stalactites, and stalagmites). This resort is really a great spot. As others have mentioned children are allowed, which is generally not a problem, since the resort is so spread out, but noisy children are most likely to manifest around the pools (as they are at any hotel). It can get expensive, but you get what you pay for (in a good way).

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MaromaResortandSpa, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, on behalf our staff, thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor community.

It is a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team has created memorable experiences that you have taken back home. We will continue offering nothing but outstanding food, the best beach and the warmest top notch staff you will ever meet.

Thank you for choosing us for your recent vacation, we look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, to this your new home away from home.

Until then, sunny greetings from this little piece of paradise,
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Santa Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I haven't been on a vacation without our young children in years. Thus, we were very excited about our five day Belmond Maroma vacation. Our anticipation was rewarded with a five star stay at a five star resort.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with smiles and margaritas -- great way to start a vacation. And it got better. Our ocean front room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. Umberto checked us in while showing us its amenities. Then all was quiet -- a welcome novelty for parents of small children.

There are a lot of staff, always at the ready to lend a hand -- I thought our waiter at dinner was going to impale himself upon a stake when I poured my own wine -- but they are so respectful and quiet that I only noticed them when I needed something, which was not often (I have poured many glasses of wine in my life, and it only happened once) as their service is so stellar that most of our wants were anticipated.

We spent our first day with drinks on the beach, which, I swear I am not lying, was being raked by resort workers so that nothing got on my feet as I walked to the clear, turquoise ocean which was a delight to swim in.

The hotel has beautiful grounds, activities and arranged for us to tour Mayan ruins with a great company.

A yummy breakfast is included and the guacamole is particularly stellar.

Now, paradise is not cheap but hey, it's less expensive than marriage counseling or divorce so we will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MaromaResortandSpa, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest Amy:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa. It is always a true pleasure to host our guests and embrace them in our handmade hospitality and nothing is more satisfying than to learn we have met our valued guests' expectations.

Maroma Family looks forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back soon in your home in this sunny little paradise of white sand and pristine water.

Best regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first trip to Maroma as we usually go to Cabo and never thought any other resort could compare to the ones in Cabo such as Palmilla and Esperanza. Well to our surprise with the exception of the mountains and desert the Maroma compares in every aspect. From the driver meeting us at the hectic Cancun airport to the friendly way we were greeted at registration and of course with a cold towel and a great margarita the Maroam never disappointed. The rooms were lovely, well appointed, the food was always fresh and delicious and the room service breakfasts were very special.We had all our meals at the hotel and the El Sol rest for dinners were superb. The wine lists offers some great Mexican wines that are not available in the USA. The spa and the services there were out of this world. The only other accolade I can mention is the quality of the people that are there to help you enjoy your stay,they are extremely friendly and willing to cater to your every need.
We will be back as soon as possible

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MaromaResortandSpa, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest Gregg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa with our TripAdvisor readers, definitely comments such as yours uplift our spirit. There is nothing more rewarding for us to see than a satisfied guest.

I am pleased to learn that we have surpassed your expectations with our seamless service and that you enjoyed your stay while being embraced by the magic of this privileged little piece of paradise and being pampered by our friendly staff.

Looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you for your second visit in your paradise home away from home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I came here with my husband for our anniversary. This is truly paradise. The beach is gorgeous, and I can't say enough about the staff. It seems like everyone knew our names and were so friendly. The food is excellent, drinks are creative. I love how authentic this place is, feels like we're in Mexico and not some anywhere resort. Breakfast is amazing. Grounds are amazing. Would highly recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that your stay at our hotel was perfect and met your expectations. Your little paradise home awaits you for more amazing experiences.

Until then,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at Maroma this past March, and it was such a wonderful experience that we're planning on returning again next year. The staff are amazing and the food is fabulous. There are just two comments I'd like to make that I think if addressed, would prompt me to rate this hotel as Excellent. First, there were a few families at this resort during our stay. I believe that in order for this hotel to remain a luxury relaxation destination, children should either not be allowed or there should be an age minimum. We overheard one guest complaining about hearing an infant crying in another room in the middle of the night, and I personally don't want to be splashed in a pool filled with kids while I'm trying to relax. Perhaps have particular hours when children are allowed in the pool - then have adult only hours. My other comment is about the abandoned hotel next to Maroma. While Maroma staff keep their property exquisite, right next to it is a beach filled with trash and debris, and some of the debris had floated over where we were trying to swim. It would be worthwhile to work with officials or other groups to keep that beach clean even though the hotel was never completed...it detracts from the beauty of the Maroma resort.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the main part of the resort, but be careful you aren't too close to the ki...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MaromaResortandSpa, General Manager at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa with our TripAdvisor readers.

I am happy to learn you had a wonderful experience. Additionally, know that I have taken note of your constructive input that aids us in our day to day efforts of providing personalized and pampering attention.

All best to you and look forward to welcoming you back in our little piece of paradise.

Riviera Maya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Belmond Marona Beach Resort and Spa is difficult to express in words - it is an other-worldly experience from the minute you are met at the airport, to check-in, to dining, to room accommodations, to the most exquisite beach, and BEST spa experience you can imagine. Such peace and quiet! You feel as though you are staying in your best friend's home instead of a resort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest Maria,

Nothing is more satisfying than to know that our guests get back home still marveled by their recent stay in Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa. Thank you for sharing your feedback with our TripAdvisor community.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back in our little paradise for more amazing experiences.

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had the good fortune to be part of a group invited by my employer to stay at Belmond Maroma over the past week, and everything about the stay was stellar. The staff is superb, the service outstanding, the attention to detail truly remarkable. I never left the property; I had no desire to go anywhere else. The food is fantastic, and the Spa treatments are magical. This was the most relaxing, stress-free and comforting vacation I've ever had, hands down. My room was extremely comfortable, and the atmosphere for sleeping was very quiet. The beach is pristine, because the staff tends to it every morning. The grounds are gorgeous, because the staff are constantly grooming them. Whoever trains the staff at Belmond Maroma places extreme emphasis on service, and it shows. I no longer need to imagine what Paradise must be like, because I've been there! Thank you, Maroma, for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in a second-floor, deluxe garden view room near the Spa. I like that it felt secluded, beca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa for your stay and for sharing your great experience with all Trip Advisor’s readers.

Glad you enjoyed our unique atmosphere with our traditional handmade hospitality, delicious food and lovely beach, where every delight offers to our guest a truly authentic Mexican vacation filled with romance, peace, quiet and luxury at the same time.

This will always be your paradise home away from home, in the meantime you come back, sunny greetings from magical Maroma.

Managing Director

Been to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!