This is not an all-inclusive hotel, but as a result it's smaller and the staff has more time to provide good service & get to know you. The beach is beautiful with plenty of places to lounge. The food is amazing, especially the complementary breakfast which (when I was there) included fruits, yogurt, pastries, fresh juice, coffee/tea, hot chocolate, quesadillas, and a proper breakfast entree on top of that! The spa was also really fantastic—even the most basic option. There are a variety of other things you can do onsite and you can easily spend your entire stay at the resort or you can go on some excursions. My wife and I did the snorkeling (left from the beach) and also the excursion to Rio Secreto (which is a big underground cave with water, stalactites, and stalagmites). This resort is really a great spot. As others have mentioned children are allowed, which is generally not a problem, since the resort is so spread out, but noisy children are most likely to manifest around the pools (as they are at any hotel). It can get expensive, but you get what you pay for (in a good way).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen