My husband and I stayed at Maroma for 3 nights in July and I can’t wait until we can go back! The hotel is very charming, with a fantastic staff. From the moment we arrived everyone was very pleasant and helpful. We were taken on a tour of the property before being brought to our room. We had booked a garden room and they generously gave us an upgrade to ocean view in the main building. The room was small but quaint with a lovely view of the ocean.
The beach is absolutely stunning. It was low season during our visit but they have enough beach set-ups so you don’t need to run down in the early hours of the morning to make sure you get a chair. We had good service on the beach, once set up they would come by periodically to see if we needed anything. We spent a great deal of time in the bar with Victor and Manuel who were a joy to talk to (we got an education on Tequila!).
I never saw anyone from the housekeeping staff yet our coffee was outside our door each morning right on time. Our room was always clean when we returned from the beach and turn down was done each evening. The grounds are all kept beautifully with a tropical forest feel. In the evenings the paths are lit with candles which are lovely.
In summary, I can’t express how friendly and welcoming the staff is – they make you feel like you are family not just another guest they have to help. Just one example, I was in the bar one evening and got a little chilly; without a word Victor left and got me a wrap to borrow. We have been lucky to stay at a lot of 5 star hotels in which some are more “fancy” than Maroma; but Maroma has a nice warm feel to it. It does get a little pricey but we felt it was worth it. Make sure you try the guacamole and the shrimp tacos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Belmond, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen