There are so many wonderful aspects of this place that it is hard to know where to begin. From the moment you arrive you can tell that Maroma is a special place. The staff is there to greet you by name and hand you a delicious Maroma Margarita to start your vacation. The property is so unique and beautiful, impeccably maintained and thoughtfully arranged. Not too big and not too small, Maroma gets it just right. The hospitality staff immediately puts you at ease and takes you on a tour of the grounds while your bags are whisked up to your room. Once again, its hard to describe how fabulous this property is. The beach is gorgeous - as beautiful as any we have been to in Turks & Caicos or other Caribbean island destinations. The sand is as soft and white as those in Destin and parts of northern Florida and the water is a spectacular blue. The rooms are beautiful, and well-maintained, and of course the staff decorates the beds each night in rose petal and leaf designs that are really creative and special. The restaurants are terrific, with great food, great drinks and great service. If you dont see something you want on the menu, just ask your waiter and they will try to make something for you, but with plenty of delicious things to choose from on the menus, i doubt you will have any trouble. As I said already, the rooms, the grounds, the pools and the beach are spectacular, but what truly sets the Maroma apart is the staff and the level of service. Every employee we encountered was happy, smiling and genuinely interested in ensuring that you every need is met and that the resort is exceeding your expectations. And I can assure you they will! They go out of their way to leave you notes each night with helpful information about upcoming activities, such as the Super Bowl party or Grill Night, as well as to as about other ways they can make your stay their special. I dont think I have been to a hotel or resort that gets it as right as the Maroma. I recommend this resort as highly as possible - perfect for any special occasion with your spouse or for the most relaxing vacation imaginable. We enjoyed every aspect of the Maroma, with the hotel staff making it a truly distinctive vacation experience. We will be returning to the Maroma next year, and (like so many others we met) may have finally found the Caribbean vacation destination we return to year after year. Perfecto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Belmond, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen