My husband and I were lounging on the beach on a lovely 2-person cabana when one of the wait staff surprised us with cold fresh fruit. An hour later he was back with ice cream. The scene was unreal - too perfect to believe. The sand is as fine as powdered sugar. The water is clean and deep blue. Turning away from the beach, we headed back to our villa and enjoyed the heated plunge pool... The room is stunning: indoor and outdoor showers, enormous bathtub, seating area looking out to the ocean. I don't think I want to leave! This resort is truly magical. The drive from the main road take a couple of minutes, and during that drive we entered an oasis. Marona is first class and every detail is perfect. The food is excellent, though I would like more traditional Mexican food on the menu. "Tia" makes homemade corn tortillas and quesadillas at breakfast. You will need a nap after eating breakfast here! If you have not stayed at an Orient Express property, this is a really great one to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orient Express, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen