You added El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum Km 55.3 | Maroma beach, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
Quebec, Canada
“Paradise !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a great SPA resort ! We very liked our stay at Eldorado Maroma, and we think about to return the next year. It's really a kind of paradise there !
Food: Delicious (especially the breakfasts and supper with the Roasted Lamb!!)
Service: Excellent ! Staff always smiling and attentive to all our needs. Reception always avalaible (and the service is really quick).
Room: always clean !
And the beach is litterally beautiful. A special shout out to Jonas, Fernando, Ismaël, and Daniel for their helpfullness, kindness and their attention during all our stay ! Thank you so much !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just returned from a week at El Dorado Maroma. The resort was beautiful. A smaller boutique style resort. I went with 1 couple and 1 single friend. The couple loved the quaint, quieter resort. Me and my friend were a little let down with the entertainment. I stayed at El Dorado Royale last year and that was a little more my taste.
If you are looking for a relaxing, quieter resort, this is the place. Staff was great, every meal was delicious, room was amazing.
WI-FI sucked! I could never get reception unless I went into the lobby.
El Dorado Maroma sits on the most beautiful beach in the Riviera Maya! My friends loved it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Swim up Jacuzzi Suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We travelled to this hotel on the 2nd of Jan for 2 weeks to celebrate our honeymoon. We travelled with First Choice who arranged a shuttle bus to the hotel which was a welcome change from having to travel by coach. When we arrived at the hotel all the staff were really friendly and welcoming. We stayed in room 512 with an infinity pool. This is the best room we have ever stayed in, very spacious, good air conditioning and a massive bathroom. This hotel is very relaxing with a beautiful beach. We really liked how small and quiet the resort was especially as we were on honeymoon. We even found ourselves having the pool to ourselves a few times and with waiters bringing us drinks, it truly was paradise! I really enjoyed the evening entertainment as normally find the acts are quite cheesy but wish I had gone to see more. As the food is gourmet I found I didn't over indulge but still felt satisfied! Our favourite restaurant was the Asian as the food was very fresh and we enjoyed watching our food being cooked in front of us. Breakfast time at Papitos was the best meal of the day as you got to help yourself and found all the staff to be the friendliest at this restaurant. We had room service a couple of times and were impressed when they cooked food for us that wasn't on the menu. Two things which have stopped us giving this hotel full marks are the wifi and lack of personal touch. Found the wifi to be very expensive for the amount we had already paid for the hotel and at times it didn't work. We were a little disappointed the hotel didn't acknowledge this was our honeymoon even though we emailed and our holiday company advised them. We weren't eligible to receive any of the honeymoon freebies as our room wasn't in a high enough category. We didn't want to upgrade to a higher category room as you didn't get the infinity pool but this didn't effect our time a Maroma in anyway as it was the best holiday we have ever had!

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I took my husband here for his 40th birthday. The resort is very beautiful however the service and food were below standard. I called the hotel numerous times prior to our stay to remind the hotel that I would like a special turn down service the night of my husbands birthday but they didn't do a thing. Also the night of his birthday I requested a birthday desert be sent out, they didn't even put a candle in his dessert, the waiter stuck a cigarette lighter in front of him to blow out (it was quite pathetic). The next day I asked three staff members to let the GM know I wanted to speak to him and I let each of them know what had happened even explained that we were mid stay and they still had the remainder on the stay to turn it around and make it up to us, nothing was done. I work in hospitality and was shocked that the hotels management (who was definetley made aware of my concerns) did not take the time to speak with me during our stay. Overall it was a pretty hotel with a good location. the food and level of service could be worked on for sure. I really expected much more for my husbands birthday especially since I called so many times prior to my arrival to make sure they knew of my request.

• Stayed January 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My Husband recently went to this resort for a few days for our friends wedding. It was an amazing resort. It was beautiful, so tranquel. The rooms are awesome. We had a partial ocean view with a pool on the balcony, a day bed & our room was huge! Everything is nicely upgraded & very clean. The service is impecible. The only drawback to the service was the bartenders were very slow at getting drinks, other than that, it is great. This resort is not for a party crowd however. We were with a party crowd, and I have to say this resort is more low key. If you want beautiful scenery, great service, relaxation, a upscale & classy resort, then this is it. If you want a party resort, then stay elsewhere. It is a smaller resort, but very easy to get a cab and venture to Playa del Carmen about 15 min ($25) cab ride south. The resort is a little pricey, but I have stayed at a much lower scale resort & truely appreciated everything i spent to stay at this resort for the pure quality of everything.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent a week at El Dorado Maroma shortly after a week at El Dorado Royale. Two very different levels of service. As members, at EDM the service was not up to the level of EDR. We were in a non-royal room and as members were promised the "Royal Treatment" but after the first two days it seemed like we were forgotten. Never saw our butler and we had to continously remind/call to get amenities in the room replenished. However, we do have to say the honeymoon suite we had was great. Try to get a high 3-4fl. room facing he south. Honeymoon suite even had a great veranda with table, chairs and out door bed to enjoy the evenings even more.

When compared to EDR, EDM had fewer restaurants but the food and service in them was top notch. Italian, Oriental were the best along with the breakfast's every morning to start the day right on the water. Beach was great except for a neigboring marina which took away from the "Carib" scene you might expect. Exploring to the north along the beach is fantastic for walking naturally. Extremely relaxing. Our only concern about going back was the planned El Dorado Maroma Generations resort right next door that will be open to families/kids. Not sure if that will detract from EDM's adults only atmosphere. Best to check out others latest comments. Also they supplied very limited seating for free trips to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Reserve VERY early. Overall, not as good as EDR but a great place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This small, peaceful, adult only, idyllic slice of wonderful was the perfect place for me. Large resorts are too busy and I lead a busy life so finding something small and quaint and quiet is my number one goal for a relaxing vacation and this checked all those boxes.
The team at this resort is wonderful! They go out of their way to truly provide a magical experience. You will never “want” at this property because they are fulfilling your needs before you know you desire them. I must commend Guillermo and Diego for outstanding service, as they were the two that we had the most interaction with and they are wonderful people! There was never an empty glass at the beach, unless you wanted it empty. You had towels set up on chairs before you could set down your beach bag. Wonderful refreshing treats were passed around all day, cool scented towels or fresh fruit dipped in caramel or toast points with delicacies.
The food was very good, the ingredients fresh and always changing. This is a small property so there are just a few restaurants but with the theme nights we never once had the same menu twice on a seven night stay. At Papitos for breakfast get them to make you a breakfast Torta – very good and at lunch never miss a soup, they were all extremely delicious! At this location both Israel and Ismael were with us every day and they are exceptionally attentive and kind! If you get an opportunity to have Mayan cooking lesson, take it! It is fun, informative and you get to eat something special that is not on any of the regular menus (Thank you Chef Pancho for your time and knowledge and to Augustine for helping to arrange)!
The entertainment, although we only saw a couple of shows was good. These are people working with small spaces and they are not professional actors, singers, acrobats; they are amateur professionals and they are very entertaining.
The Spa offers wonderful treatments. The sky massage area is something you must do, the combination of hearing the ocean below you and having the breeze float over you helps everything else melt away. The treatments are varied and we had facials, the only caveat is that the Spa is in a central location so you can hear everything passing by (anything on wheels, people talking, any construction noise) which detracts from the relaxing atmosphere of it and why I did not explore further treatments. The Sauna/Steam room features were Out of Order when I was there so I can’t comment.
The beach here is one of the best in Mexico. The sand is powder and the ocean is clear and very swimmable due to the man-made reefs to protect the eco-system. Loaded with entertaining little fish checking you out and Pelicans keeping their eyes on you from their perches!
The rooms were perfect, to keep up that complete vibe of relaxation. We chose an Infinity Pool rooms and were lucky enough to get the top floor with the perfect ocean view. You have to walk up stairs to the fourth floor for this room but if you are willing and able, it is very worth it. The outdoor shower is a fun feature and admittedly we used it every day because I can shower inside at home, so why not? The Jacuzzi tub we knew we had so we brought bath fizzies to enjoy and we did, we don’t have a tub big enough for 2 at home, so again, why not? The patio had two wonderful chairs so we enjoyed our morning coffee out there every morning and at the end of every beach day we would hop in the pool to cool off and rinse off the sand and salt, then we would have a nap on the day bed with the ocean breeze lulling us to sleep!
Thank you Maroma for picture perfect, in all ways!

Room Tip: Teh upper floors have the best view but you do have to be willing and able to walk up several flight...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma? Share your experiences!