“Most amazing vacation destination!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma to your Saves list
El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum Km 55.3 | Maroma beach, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 35% Off + Credit
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
Boston, Massachusetts
“Most amazing vacation destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

El Dorado Maroma was the destination for my cousin's wedding. We stayed for only 5 days but they were the most relaxing & fun time I've ever had! The resort is stunningly beautiful with breathtaking rooms, beautiful beach & the most amazing staff ever! Not one person who works at the resort will ever ignore you, always smiling & making sure everything is going smoothly. They remember your name & truely want you to enjoy your stay. The food is also excellient as well as the alcohol!
The trip was both a romantic getaway for my boyfriend & I and a wonderful family reunion. Amazing activities and adventures to go on! Completely worth it!
T

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, second floor better for more privacy but many first floor rooms lead out to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
midland, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would to first to apologize to the staff of El Dorado Maroma, I did not hold up my end of the bargain-I waited far to long to write my review and cannot believe it has been a year since I have been there. I can still see the ocean out the front door of our room, I can still taste some of the best food that I have ever tasted, I can still feel the best sand in the world on my feet. I am in the process of packing my bags for our second trip to Maroma and getting back to see some dear friends that we met there. My wife and I decided on EDM after getting a rave review from some close friends of ours. Everything they told us about EDM was exactly as it turned out to be-phenomenal. I cannot even imagine someone having a bad day much less a bad trip to this slice of paradise. My wife and I went here to celebrate her ending treatments of chemotherapy and radiation treatment of breast cancer. We needed to relax, we needed to be cared for, and most importantly we needed to have time together that didn't involve a cancer clinic or a hospital. This was the most relaxing place that I could have imagined and we were cared for by people who somehow knew exactly what we needed. Nothing here is impossible-if it's not on the food menu-just ask-they will make you whatever you want. If it is not on the drink menu-it probably doesn't exist. Jose-my man-you took care of us to such an incredible extent that we can't even thank you enough. I hope to see you this time around again. Everyone else has said it in the reviews but it is impossible to believe the service until you actually receive it. The beach butlers, the wait staff, the bar staff-all incredible. I can truly say that EDM is the only place that I have been on a vacation that I simply couldn't wait to get back to. It is hard to fathom a place that is more relaxing or a place where one could be pampered as much. I know that I can only think of going back to Maroma and enjoying my time with my wife in this kind of luxury. I sincerely hope that if you are looking for an exquisite place to vacation that you take the time to come here-even if it just for a couple of days-I can guarantee that you will be aching to come back as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the El Dorado Maroma last week in one of the beachfront villas. The villa was amazing and the resort and beach so beautiful. Everything about the resort is amazing but it was a little boring for us. I like a lot of excitement and entertainment and there really is none at this resort.

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We vacationed at ElDorado Maroma the week before Hurricane Sandy. There is nothing I can say about this Hotel that has not already been said. The ride from the airport is straight down a main highway. The staff is beyond accomodating, the hotel is immaculate, and the beach is beautiful. Just keep in mind that it is a Boutique Hotel and it is small. My concern is that at full capacity it may feel crowded. The one thing my husband and I did not like was there was not a main bar to go to before or after dinner to have a drink. They did have entertainment at "Rick's Bar" around 9 PM but other than that we felt a bit lost after dinner. The Fire Show on the beach was fun, Casino Night and the band very enjoyable. It is a beautiful place with beautiful kind hearted people working at it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Big thank you to the staff at El Dorado Maroma for making our trip so wonderful! beautiful 1 bedroom suite. Excellent service and wonderful food and drinks. Beach was perfect as always! Excellent new entertainment at night. New Generations Maroma (next door to the the adults only propery) promises to be a favorite place for families.

Thank you for another wonderful vacation at our favorite place.

Room Tip: Mi Hotelito rooms are the standard suite. Upgrade for a bit more to the swim up or infinity suite. I...
Lindenhurst, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Maroma on Oct19 to the 27th 2012, Let me start by saying wow, this resort is small and beautifully kept to unbelievable condition. thatched building and swaying palmtrees,beautiful flowers and shrubs throughout the property...and quiet. the beach is powder white sand and soft, with crystal clear water and is shallow enough to venture a good ways out, the natural reef 1/2 mile out breaks the ocean waves to make a calm relaxing beach. there are plenty of chairs and bali beds so no need to worry. there is also beachside service for drinks so you never have to leave for a drink, thet are ALWAYS there for you. the rooms are kept immaculare and spotless with turndown and aromas and pillows you can choose for your stay. we stayed in the 2 story 1 bedroom villa at the end with private plungepool and beach accesswith chairs and bali bed, it is worth the money but all rooms are great.There are 3 restrauants to choose, asian, italian, and mayan/mexican and one other location beachside for breakfast and lunch which is beautiful, this location offers great breakfast each morning and for lunch each day is a different theme, I believe wednesday is fish for lunch, a must do, it does not get any fresher for fish, nothing is frozen, they are laid out to cook for you, all other themed days are awesome and the wait staff is great, for breakfast u must try the enchaladas with mol'e sauce, the other 3 eaterys have great food with a wonderful staff of people, only drawback is small portions but you can have as much as u want and they are happy to serve u. the wines at meals are good, beer is cold..dos equis, sol, modelo, they also have dos equis dark if you ask. also mixed drinks of whatever you want, just ask( mojitos are fresh and tastey).
entertainment is good especially the firedancers on the beach on tuesdays, the comedian is great, casino nite at Ricks is fun also, do not miss Tequila tasting with Camacho 2 times per week at the small pool area and there are 2 ladies there that let you paint pottery pieces to take home for a fee, it is fun and you can drink till you cant paint any more. to sum this place up, it is a small resort, beautiful, quiet, not crazy, the staff Paola,Diana,Zully.Alex.Israel,Samana,Camacho,Maria,Max.Ana.Gabby and all of the staff, I mean ALL of the staff here were excellent, excellent. Mr Martinez owns these resorts and has gone over and above here, his staff love him and their jobs, this is a must stay for the non party animals that want to be pampered and have fun, we bought into the exotic traveler club here and will definately be returning here and to seaside resorts. hats off to you all for a great resort,

Room Tip: rooms by the 24 pool are great for walk out to pool and beach. the 1 bedroom 2 story villas on the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from el dorado maroma recently. We stayed in one of the swim up rooms which were very large and very clean. The bed was spectacular, very comfortable. The most impressive part of the resort is the service and the food, both of which are superb. Only complaint is constant nickel and dimeing, wish they would include all in price and be done with it. Otherwise it is a great vacation destination.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma? Share your experiences!