I would to first to apologize to the staff of El Dorado Maroma, I did not hold up my end of the bargain-I waited far to long to write my review and cannot believe it has been a year since I have been there. I can still see the ocean out the front door of our room, I can still taste some of the best food that I have ever tasted, I can still feel the best sand in the world on my feet. I am in the process of packing my bags for our second trip to Maroma and getting back to see some dear friends that we met there. My wife and I decided on EDM after getting a rave review from some close friends of ours. Everything they told us about EDM was exactly as it turned out to be-phenomenal. I cannot even imagine someone having a bad day much less a bad trip to this slice of paradise. My wife and I went here to celebrate her ending treatments of chemotherapy and radiation treatment of breast cancer. We needed to relax, we needed to be cared for, and most importantly we needed to have time together that didn't involve a cancer clinic or a hospital. This was the most relaxing place that I could have imagined and we were cared for by people who somehow knew exactly what we needed. Nothing here is impossible-if it's not on the food menu-just ask-they will make you whatever you want. If it is not on the drink menu-it probably doesn't exist. Jose-my man-you took care of us to such an incredible extent that we can't even thank you enough. I hope to see you this time around again. Everyone else has said it in the reviews but it is impossible to believe the service until you actually receive it. The beach butlers, the wait staff, the bar staff-all incredible. I can truly say that EDM is the only place that I have been on a vacation that I simply couldn't wait to get back to. It is hard to fathom a place that is more relaxing or a place where one could be pampered as much. I know that I can only think of going back to Maroma and enjoying my time with my wife in this kind of luxury. I sincerely hope that if you are looking for an exquisite place to vacation that you take the time to come here-even if it just for a couple of days-I can guarantee that you will be aching to come back as soon as possible.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of Travel Channels Top Ten Beaches in the World, El Dorado Maroma is an upscale, exclusive Caribbean resort for romantic couples and active vacationers alike. Intimate and beachfront. Rustic and luxurious at the same time. the hotel provides outstanding services and gourmet cuisine. Receive personalized butler and concierge service, arrive with style with a champagne check in. It is rustic, because it is not pretentious and was built using traditional materials and with the philosophy of embracing the bounty of the nature and the local environment. It lies directly on the beach of Maroma, considered to be one of the best beaches in the world by independent reviewers, including the Discovery Channel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.