“It was absolutely fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun - Puerto Juarez | Km 306.5 S/N Punta Maroma, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen CP 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“It was absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a wonderful honeymoon experience for my wife and me. The resort is gorgeous. The beach is beautiful. The food was great. The entertainment was excellent. The service by all staff members was truly exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the five star rating review! Please let us know when you are ready to come back home!

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,445)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If there are some words to explain what is the secret of Secrets Maroma Beach I will tell you :
- wonderful scenery
- friendly employees
- exquisite food
- fantastic Spa
- relaxing place
Do you want to know more? So go there and you will not be disappointed .
For my husband and I was the 3rd time and we have no regrets, just saying to ourselves : when will be the next time?
Totally body, mind and spirit rejuvenate

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Your review was very original and wonderful! Thank you for choosing us again, and please , let us know when you are ready to come back home.

Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My Wife and I recently returned home to Mt. Airy, MD after a fab stay at Secrets Maroma Beach. We were there from July 9th – 16th 2014
This was our 7th trip to MX and have also been to several other islands to include St. Kitts, Jamaica (2X), Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico, Hawaii (2X) and the Bahamas.
The Q. Roo Rivera Maya AI resorts we have visited are:
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
Bahia Principe Tulum Hotel
Palladium (2X)
Barcelo Maya

The very, very good at Secrets Maroma Beach:
The room had an indoor Jacuzzi as well as one on the porch. We requested and stayed on the top floor (4th). Building 16, Room 1642
Great view of the ocean and pool area.
No reserving palapas necessary in the early AM. If there was not any personal items at a palapa, it was yours and a staff member would help set you up with new towels if you wish. Ditto pool umbrellas. No
problem finding shade.
No towel cards to deal with, towels were always available. No limits.
No bracelet.
Infinity pool at the end of the day.
No reservations needed for ala carte restaurants.
An elevator in each building. A big deal for my Wife who knees are a problem.
Coffee maker in each room. At some resorts you have to walk quite a ways for morning joe X2.
The staff of this resort; warm and friendly, all of them.
Service level is higher at Maroma than any resort I’ve ever visited.
Beach is pristine. There are zero rocks in the water.
We saw ~7-8 weddings. Newlyweds everywhere. Fun to watch them enjoy the start of their lives together and chat with a few.
Pool depth was just right.
Food overall was very good. I am easy to please though and eat to live vs. living to eat.
US style bed mattresses. Many other resorts use a comparatively thinner mattress that is firm X10.
The size of the resort was perfect. We have stayed at some resorts where I literally walked 2-3 miles per day.
Only ~35-40 mins. from airport.
Very nice exercise facility. Free weights, mats, various focus machines, cardio equipment, treadmills, etc...
Spa was very nice. Staff was excellent.
Well stocked fridge in room. Cold water, beer, rum, tequila and Jack D. too.
A safe in the room.
Beautiful grounds and upkeep.
Room service, simply awesome. We only did it once, we should have repeated!

Some staff honorable mentions:
Lordes(sp) (aka LuLu) in the Spa gave me 2 wonderful treatments.
Antonio in the World Café was goofing around with me on several mornings. Great guy!
Oscar, the tennis Pro. Less talking and more hitting seems to be his moto. Just what I wanted. I wish his sick 92 year old Grandfather well.

The not as very, very good but not show stoppers:
We were in the preferred club and they did not have Macallan scotch, Woodford Reserve or Makers Mark, bummer.
Snorkeling off the beach not as good as some other resorts. I didn’t even bother and had fins and mask with me.
Don’t expect to eat a good steak anywhere in MX from my experience. I have given up hope.
The shutters let more light in the AM then I would have hoped for but I was asleep by 10-11 each evening.

Advice:
Book this resort. I doubt you will be disappointed. The excellent reviews and photos tell the story. We will likely return.
Consider what you want and don’t want in a resort. We didn’t want a swim out. Maybe a few years ago but not at this point.
Not sure the preferred club is worth the extra cost. Although I did go to the Spa and use their saunas every day without a charge.
No tipping is necessary but I can imagine that these hard working people are not making a ton of money. I spread a few dollars about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, I'm sure all the items specified will be very helpful to other guests!

Please let us know when you are ready to come back.

Neosho, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Don't pass this up- most dreamy romantic 7 days we could have had for our honeymoon- we loved it! We paid extra for a swim up- worth every penny!!! Food, rooms, entertainment we're excellent- absolutely no complaints! Mosquitos were bad at night- eat inside at
al a carte restaurants! :) That was something they tried to fight and it's simply not their fault so still a perfect vacation in my books! We've been to 3 different resorts since then- we're always saying how much BETTER Secrets Maroma was! In fact, I'm dumbfounded that anyone can complain about this place- it was heaven! I think my only tips are yes, upgrade to a swim up (they did try to sell us timeshare at check in on 1st day but it was VERY low key, no pressure at all) because it's worth every penny! Jacuzzi, personal concierge (8 am-5pm), swim up pool, SPA coupons, 24 hour room service, tailored mini-bar- it was really a great package and the pool was so convenient, especially when you've been drinking. No walk back from pool or trying to get dried off to walk back- your steps away from your bed! GO- you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our resort and for the five stars rating!

Hope to see you back soon.

Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the best trip we've ever been on. Everybody was friendly and we couldn't have asked for anything better..The entertainment staff was great. Manuel on the beach was a very hard worker to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy you were satisfied with our staff and hope you can come back to our resort a second time.

Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been remiss in writing this review...Almost a year, but just remembered I hadn't written about this awesome place yet. My wife and I go to Mexico at least once a year, sometimes twice and of the more than two dozen places we've stayed this is the numero uno so far. We're waiting for something to knock it off the top of the mountain. That being said, it's expensive and we normally can't afford to come here. All that aside, this place is beyond awesome! The service and food are top-NOTCH and the location brilliant. We especially loved the pool side service and swim out pool. If you're looking to be pampered and taken care of, this is a great place to start. There are other great places, especially in Riviera Maya, but so far this place is King. Perhaps we'll try again during hurricane season...that's when it gets affordable for us. But, you get what you pay for...

Best steak I've had at ANY resort...not just all-inclusives.

Room Tip: If necessary, pay an extra few bucks for closest spot to beach...The resort isn't large and it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for submitting this wondeful review and please keep in touch with us to find our about upcoming offers.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I spend four days/three nights at Secrets in June 2014 and could not have been more impressed. We stayed in the preferred section with a swim up room. All I can say is it was heavenly!. Upon arrival we were whisked away to the private check in. The young lady greeted us and offered us a refreshing cool towel and a glass of the bubblely with strawberries in it while she handled our check in. We got to sit back and relax while she took care of all the paperwork and brought us our keys. Once we were checked in she escorted us to our room all while telling us about the ammenities on the resort and about the concereige service in our building. When she opened our door I was in love with our room. Large bath with tub and seperate shower. Huge canopy bed, bar, sofa, tv etc.. The cherry on top was when she opened our door to the porch and we saw the pool right on our door step :-). After we got settled and began to roam the grounds I was so impressed with the beautiful landscaping and how tidy and neat everything was. The beach has the softest sand I have ever felt in my whole life and was absolutely immaculent. There were gentlemen out every morning clearing any seaweed that had washed in. I have never seen a group give so much love and care to the grounds. Everyone on staff was so friendly and always glad to answer any questions or point a lost patron in the right direction of where they were looking to go. We spent one day in the spa and HIGHLY recommend it!! Also be sure to go down and check out the bar at the beach and ask the guys to fix you a Toucan (sp). AMAZING!. I have travelled all over the world and I have to say Secrets is on the top of my list to return to. It was so welcoming and relaxing I hated to have to leave.

Room Tip: Definatley try a swim up room if you have never done one. :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We thank you for submitting your review and give us a five star rating!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 201 in Playa del Carmen
5.0 of 5 stars 1,092 reviews
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!