“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun - Puerto Juarez | Km 306.5 S/N Punta Maroma, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen CP 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with good friends and the resort and staff were fantastic. The goal of the resort is to truly have you relax, eat very well and never be without anything that you want! We will definitely visit in the future!

Room Tip: Preferred club rooms are highly recommended for the added amenities and views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for coming to celebrate your Anniversary here!

Romina Pizzuti
info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,265)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My new wife and I chose this resort for our honeymoon, and we are so glad we did! It honestly felt like the staff couldn't do enough for you. I am sure it is all in their training and good employee selection, but what ever it is, IT WORKS! Being an "adults only" resort was the right thing for us. We wanted to be around people that liked the things we like to do, and people close to our age group (25-30). Everything was honestly amazing, from the views from the balcony, the cleanliness of the resort and the SMILE on every employees face! BUT, the BIGGEST thing for me was, "The Entertainment Team." ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Jordan seemed to be the head honcho when it came to all the activities, and everyone on the team was just as amazing, Jordan, "The Mexican Chocolate," "HIP HIP JORGE," Ivan, etc. just to name a few. They knew your name for the entire week after meeting you once. And they never hesitated to stop and say hello with a handshake just walking by and asking how your day was going. All the activities are fun, full of laughter, they get very involved making it so that you really don't want to leave the resort. Best bang for the buck by far, WE highly recommend it! Definitely spend no less than 7 Days. We did 8, and felt like we missed some stuff. ((I wrote this review right after getting home from the airport, I liked it that much. Just Saying!!!))

Room Tip: The room we got was the second to last building to the ocean, Building 26, We requested a high floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion and for sharing your feedback with us!

We feel happy to know that you enjoyed the facilities, the activities, and the most important part; our Staff.

They really work hard to create memories and make the experience unforgettable.

Again, thank you for your comments and we will be happy to host you again!

surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Secrets Maroma to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a swim out room, maid service and turndown was faultless. Paulina our building concierge was very helpful
with pillow menu and choice of Nespresso coffees.
Restaurants - our favourite was Bordeaux the French, followed by Portofino the Italian restaurant.
The World Café was our choice for breakfast and lunch buffet.
The Coffee shop was very good, with a friendly service from Lily.

We are beach lovers and we didn't have any problem getting a sunbed, and no sharing. Great walks along the beach. One day on a walk we were surprised to see people on camels, not what we expected to see. Also there was horse riding, and quad bikes, if you want these type of activities locally.

Wonderful staff, food and the perfect beach.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us!

It's nice to know that you enjoy your anniversary with us!

Regarding what you mentioned about the camels, those kind of activities are not provided by the resort, however as is a Federal beach, another companies use it for activities as the ones you mentioned.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and for letting us know your experience with us!

We will look forward to see you again!

Social media
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband booked this vacation using a friend/travel agent for our 5th anniversary. I absolutely loved every moment. The service is amazing. EVERY. SINGLE. person that crossed my path smiled and said hello in a sincere way. While I realize that is their job, by the end of the week, I was convinced and it just made me happier to see so many people that were happy to see me!

The food was amazing and there were plenty of options to choose from. While I heard some fellow Americans complaining about small portions, I think that our way of life has trained us to look for a gigantic hunk of meat accompanied by a great big portion of carbs. This place does it right with gourmet food at reasonable portion sizes so that you can taste, eat and enjoy all FIVE courses of dinner and not feel like you'll completely explode. The waiters were great, the presentation was amazing. I even ordered a dish that came served over a box filled with dry ice! Amazing! I couldn't keep from clapping my hands together like a giddy child (and I'm not that kind of person)!

The breakfast buffet is absolutely enormous with something for everyone. I was happy every single day and so was my husband who must be very careful about what he eats. Lunch at the poolside grill was where we ate everyday and the fresh fish, fruit and other delicious items were perfect for a hot, mid-day meal. We were a bit concerned about going to Mexico because of intestinal discomfort that some people experience. My husband can be very susceptible to these bugs. As long as we ate on-site at the resort, he did just fine.

We did do one excursion to Tulum, scheduled through Apple Vacations on-site. Unfortunately it rained and we didn't get to do the ocean snorkeling with sea turtles, however they did find an alternative for us. Our guide was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. However, when my husband ate off-site of the resort he did end up with a tummy ache.

Which brings me to one of the best parts of the whole experience - our concierge. We booked a swim-out suite, which is an absolute must. I loved the privacy and calm of lounging by the semi-private pool (shared with 3 other rooms). These rooms also share a concierge that is on-site all day right outside your door. It's amazing. Anything you could possibly need, just poke your head out the door and he'll take care of it for you. Kind of like a butler. Ours was amazingly friendly. He brought salve from home when he noticed our friend had bumped her head (doing handstands in the pool). They also had an on-site doctor that came to check her out immediately. Our concierge also noticed when he hadn't seen my husband for a day and inquired about his well-being. Explaining that he was just a bit under the weather from our off-site lunch, he immediately ordered up Gatorade and ginger ale from room service. Above all else, his efforts made us feel completely at home and comfortable.

Room service was also wonderful and accommodated my husband's special requests without any trouble.

There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, our you can lounge and do nothing at all. The "bed" hammocks on the beach are amazing and I made sure to snag one everyday. They have servers that comb the beach to bring you drinks and keep an eye out for you. The day that it rained they scheduled games and tournaments of poker and ping pong to keep everyone entertained.

It's an amazing all-inclusive with an absolutely gorgeous beach, perfect staff and delicious food...and while not cheap, it is nothing like the prices of the caribbean islands. There are times when we splurge on a vacation and then later regret the splurge. This was definitely not one of those times. All I can think about is going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a swimout room that was absolutely perfect. While the swim-out pool isn't private...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for letting us know that your vacations at Secrets Maroma Beach were simply amazing.

If you decide to come back , don't hesitate to contact me.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

There are so many outstanding things to say about Secrets Maroma Beach Resort! The grounds, the friendly staff, the delicious meals at all of the restaurants, the world-class spa, the gorgeous beach and the impeccable, family-style treatment made this THE BEST place to vacation for my fiancé and myself! Besides everything being just simply outstanding, the one (two) people we wanted to write this review about were Humberto C. at poolside, everyday, waiting with a chilled towel, our drinks of choice and bottled water in hand; and Sinhue (aka Papi), at the Sugar Reef Sports Bar. These two gentleman were stellar! They both went above and beyond to serve, help, please, and treat us with true, heartfelt, genuinely giving service! Everyday, and/or every night, these two gentlemen went out of their way to accommodate us, be sure we were having an amazing time, and keep our glasses full! Both men even went out of their way to tell us their own personal stories about their own "best kept secrets" in the area/in Playa, etc., and Humberto gave us his personal cell phone number and address, just in case we ever needed him for ANYTHING while in Mexico, in general. Wow! It was THIS that made us smile, laugh and feel like kings and queens while we were on vacation. The grounds were impeccable, the overall service and amenities were top-notch, and the service was outstanding, to say the least....but with these personal connections, we had THE MOST OUTSTANDING time, and felt like royalty!!! :) Thank you Humberto and Papi!!! Our Secrets Maroma Beach experience was truly amazing because of you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end of the building you stay in.
Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit and for letting us know how wonderful was your stay with us!

Our goal is to provide the best service and make sure everybody leave the resort with a smile on their face.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Zanesville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Superb resort. Adults only is the only way to vacation. From start to finish this resort is awesome. Let me mention some of the fantastic staff. The Italian restaurant is a must for food and service, Veronica and Pedro in particular. Both took the time to help with my Spanish. Edgar at Seaside brought me drinks I didn't even order. He said he thought I would like them and I did. A few waiters at the World Cafe that needed mentioning are Alejandro, Freddy, and Andres. Lucy, a server at Rendezvous, the lobby bar was great too. Always a smile on her face. And if you want the perfect coffee or hot chocolate, go see Lydia at Coco cafe. Perfect every time. The seafood restaurant, Oceana, we got the best service from Robyn. He wasn't even our waiter, he is the boss, but he served us personally. And if you need anything during your stay, just ask your building concierge. Ours was Fernanda in building 21, she was always available to help. And last but not least, the entire staff was phenomenal. Israel, Paulina, Gabby, Diana, Fernando, Fermin, Ivan, Jorge, and Jordan. Oscar, the tennis pro, kicked my butt everyday and I thank him for it. No matter what your tennis level he will help make your game better. Can't say enough about this place, just go already.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience with us at Secrets Maroma Beach!

We will share your comments with our staff: they would be glad to know that you enjoyed their good service!

We would keep our work and improve it to make it even better!

smithsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This all inclusive resort is totally amazing. The rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious. Your every need is waiting for you and if there was something you wanted it was only a phone call away. Every person here is happy to serve you and always a smiling face. We never passed a single person that did not say hello. The beach is beautiful and we were catered too like royalty. Every person working here treated you like their best friend. That spa was the most amazing experience. Unfortunately, I did not apply enough sunscreen and the spa had a sunburn treatment that made all the difference in the world. There was instant relief. All the food including what came from room service was excellent. We can't wait to go back again. I would have to say that the training these people get rivals that of the Disney company.

Room Tip: The resort is laid out so that all can get a view of the ocean. The rooms are very quiet and we hear...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review!

We are sharing it with our beautiful team!

They will be happy to know that you enjoyed your vacations with us!

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!