Myself and my husband stayed here on our honeymoon! We had an amazing time, hotel spotless, food fabulous and staff extremely pleasant and helpful!
Unfortunately this was all tainted for us as money was stolen from our Save! As this is an exclusive resort we didn't need much money on us just a few bob for tips so we left our money in the Save for our entire stay! We had $5000 dollars in the Save all in bundles of $1000 as received from bank (we were going USA after Mexico)! On our second last day my husband noticed our safe wasn't working it continued to say error with code, this was odd as we had used the same code all week! We thought it was a bit odd however we had felt so save in the hotel we thought no more of it! We contacted the concierge who came and fixed the safe for us!
The next day we left for Los Angeles and when we arrived at hotel my husband noticed $350 missing from one bundle and when we counted all the bundles they were all short totaling $1100! Myself in my husband were very upset over this and contacted the hotel by email immediately and the only place the cash was was in there safe or my hand bag the day we went to La (if someone tried to take it then they would have taking it all not been strategic and took some from each bundle) it was upon my third email that I got a reply (1 week later) I informed them that I worked for a travel agents and I received a call almost minutes after this email! Management were not very helpful he claimed initially to have record of every time safe was opened but could not provide me with a copy he began to back track when I asked for one! The call ended with him saying he would investigate and call me in a couple of days! It is now 10 days later and still no reply! I have since emailed him but have not received a response!
I would warn other holidaymakers to think twice about staying here as if something goes wrong they are not very helpful!
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.