“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun - Puerto Juarez | Km 306.5 S/N Punta Maroma, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen CP 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
Ostend, Belgium
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great hotel, good service, spacious rooms. The nicest thing about this hotel are the à la carte restaurants. You don't need to make a reservation in the morning, you just go there in the evening and there is always a table available (sometimes you need to wait 20 minutes - but there are enough bars where you can drink something whilst waiting). The food and the wines are really good. There are different wines you can choose from ( Malbec, Merlot, ..) included in the price. There are always seats available around the pool, towels are ready for you.
Great and beautiful Spa! Overall a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,915)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

After a rubbish flight and confusion at the airport we finally arrived at secrets and what a sight for sore eyes, as soon as we got out the taxi we were simpy spoilt, the staff were very nice and treated us with respect. we got to our room (junior swim out) and we both thought it was outstanding, they even put a "honeymoon band" across our front door (nice touch for my new wifey), the concierge was great she seemed to care about anything we required or enquired about, next morning we took our first trip to breakfast (fantastic choice) then headed for the beach which in my opion is probably the best stretch of beach in the world, service on the beach was 1st class and all waiters were very polite ans nothing was a problem to them, 2nd day was very disapointing only that the "tour" was a massive sales pitch carried out by "AM RESORTS", it seemed very in your face, and when I explained it would probabaly not be something me & my wife would be interested in the rep`s manager got up and walked off..........Anyway the following 12 days in secrets maroma made me forget that terrible waste of time, the most important thing about secrets maroma is the staff, everyone we had the pleasure of meeting was so friendly and nothing seemed an issue, the bars were great (even serving grey goose vodka) and nightly entertainment was spot on. All restuarants in the complex were outstanding with 1st class service and great choice of food, we had a fantastic 2 week honeymoon there and certainly would revisit / recommend to everyone we know..........Outstanding resort.

Room Tip: Choice a junior swim out room
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife dislikes traveling. And it's always a pins and needles moment when we arrive at our destination. She absolutely loved Secrets Maroma. Like others have said, the food is excellent. They serve (free and freely) Grey Goose and other premium brands. I think the Patrone had an additional charge, but I could be wrong.

We stayed with the junior suite setup. Great room - lots of space, free stocked refrigerator, turn-down service, lots of towels, and beautiful design. And our balcony was adequate for coffee in the morning.

The service? Top shelf. I can't remember ever receiving this level of service. We went to the Bellagio directly after and though the room was nice, the service was nothing near what we experienced at SM. The entire staff is grateful you are there. Wish I could say the same in the States.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose either a swim-up room or ocean front - building 17 I think on one side. The ocean is so blue, similar to St. Thomas. The beaches in front of the resorts are nice and groomed daily. However, some of the nearby properties were started but never completed. So a bit of trash could be spotted. You'd think the Chamber of Commerce or the city would be all over that. My only negative comment about our trip.

Don't know if this will make a difference, but if you walk to the beach, turn left, and walk along the beach that way, you may see some topless sunbathers. Not a big deal, just saying.

Entertainment was really fun. And the duo set up on stage on ocean was nothing short of fantastic. Three encores later, they had to pack up so as to not get in trouble with the resort. They were that good.

In conclusion, I can't say enough good things about Secrets Maroma. I highly recommend it. Without a doubt we'll be returning February 2014.

Room Tip: All the "restaurants" in the hotel were excellent. But you gentlemen must wear long pants...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I was completly impressed with secrets maroma beach. The entertainment staff was so friendly and always so full of life. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say. Anything you needed they provided. It is simply paradise. I didn't even know I was in Mexico, it was just gorgeous. The resort is so clean, they're constantly keeping up the grounds etc. the vacation was seriously worth every penny. I also highly recommend the swim-out room!

• Stayed January 2013
Gaines, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was my husbands and my second visit to SMB. We booked the same class room Ocean view non preferred building 15 but this time we received a fourth floor room versus a third floor. I liked being on the top floor but our third floor room was more centered. I really don't think it maters what room you have as I would book a tropical view just to return here.

Booked our own transfer through USA Transfers. $80 private round-trip!

Check in was lengthy and a little unnerving to my Husband. Was introduced to the UVC and received our coupons without any promises and was on our way. I believe this was just luck and the waiting on room was just unlucky.

Things that have changed: Conditioner in non preferred rooms, beach beds, plant growth, lots more Bali style pool beds, world cafe open for Ala carte for dinner, and of course some evening shows, nice new doors on the lobby which are much more functional and offer more of a wow. factor.

What makes us return is the service, beach, and the rooms. We rented the prafolato (beach cabana beds) for two days prior to arrival and before the end of out first day my husband reserved a third day and we agreed we would rent them the whole week next visit. Urbano spoiled us.

Loved the entertainment team last visit and they have a whole new crew and loved them just as much.

Things we did care for were the wedding parties that would flock in take over the pool and took over. They were VIP or so they thought. Loud, pretentious, and raft hogs. Enough said. Our first visit was over NYE and was a more mature crowd and the pool was more zen like. This visit we enjoyed the beach versus the pool.

Top ten beach in the world is so true and have a hard time looking at other five star hotels because of it. A few days the waves were big and we loved playing in them. and other days it was as calm a a pool. No seaweed no coral/rocks and you could walk for miles in either direction which we did every morning. Playa Maroma is just perfect!

Went to all the restaurants except Portofino as it was our least favorite our last visit. Favorite dinner was World Cafe fillet mignon was perfect and of course breakfast was awesome. Waiter Freddie was exceptional.

The Spa was perfect and they have a spa concierge set up at the pool and I booked my 60 minute Swedish massage for $140 and used one of my $40 dollar coupons to reduce the price. Couples massage last visit. It is a must do. Just sublime!

Paulo the pool concierge is still there and searched him out our first day.

Gift shop was good and reasonable prices when compared to Playa Del Carmen. This was our sixth visit to this area so we stayed at the hotel and was just pampered by the staff and environment.

I did get sick this visit. Our stay was Saturday- Saturday and Thursday night I had to call my husband to get me the waste basket because I couldn't get off the toilet and it was coming out both ends. This didn't clear up until the following Tuesday when we were back in the States. It did pit a hamper on Friday and of course the flight home. I am an RN and brought meds just in case and thank gosh because it could have been worse. I'm not going to blame the hotel because these are chances you take with visitors diarrhea. Like I said sixth visit and have been lucky until now and would go back in a heart beat.

Check out smooth and I was very sad to leave paradise. Alberto from the entertainment team actually came to the lobby and sat with us until transfer arrived. Nice touch!

Until next time. Love, Brent and Melissa Pawloski.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Maroma isn't bad.
They promote membership in Unlimited Vacation Club. We became members. Cost : $6500. Big mistake ! Think twice ! Add flight+hotel+airport transportation+membership. Compare with agent's price. You will need about 10 trips to recover your investment. They talk nicely, but after done deal, you will get nothing from them. Don't return calls. Instead opening gates to a good place, we got lots of negative emotions. We will never go neither with Secrets nor with any of AMResorts resorts.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

From the moment you walk through the door and are handed a cold scented face cloth and a glass of bubbles you know you are going to be pampered. The staff makes this place, they seem genuinely happy, fun, ready to help and great at what they do. The rooms are perfect, we were wishing we could eat on the balcony but its not quite set up for it - I guess they don't want to encourage too much room service (which I can understand). Definitely do a day bed on the beach, they are $40 and the staff will take care of you there, drinks, lunch, more drinks.. The evening entertainment is awesome and the staff are really talented singers, dancers and musicians. Fabiola was our concierge and she was awesome, giving us advice and helping with all sorts of questions. All round this place is fantastic and I would come back with more friends (there was 4 of us).

Room Tip: We went for a partial ocean view which worked out great because we were hardly in our room and enjoy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!