“A week of Absolute Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun - Puerto Juarez | Km 306.5 S/N Punta Maroma, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen CP 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“A week of Absolute Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This review is extremely delayed on my part but I just loved this place so much, I figured I just HAD to write a review. My husband and I visited SMB in June of 2012 for our 5 year anniversary and we absolutely fell in love with the resort! Truly an oasis… The grounds were absolutely immaculate. The staff was warm, hospitable, and always very accommodating. It’s truly the staff and excellent service that make this place. The food, (Drool) - the food was amazing! Sure there was no lobster on the buffet, but you were always able to request baby lobster and they were happy to accommodate. We did dinner on the beach one night and everything was just breathtaking…OH and how can I forget the 24 hr room service dropped off in the “secrets box”! The pool was a little small but never really crowded as most spent their time at the absolutely GORGEOUS beach. I mean it was truly beautiful! Soft white sand, clear, postcard perfect water…oh how I wish I were back there now! Oh, and on that oh-so-perfect beach, prompt drink service!!! The drinks were delish and ever abundant, top shelf. The shows were actually very good as well, not the cheese-ball getup like at most AI resorts. The Spa was divine, albeit a bit pricey. Save the pedicure for other place ladies, not worth the cost here… The massage and facials were excellent however. The disco was also actually pretty fun at night- enjoyed it much more than I anticipated. Overall, we had an incredible time at this beautiful place and are dying to go back- like RIGHT now! Though we love to try new places, SMB has set the bar pretty high and we are finding it hard to currently plan our next trip because we loved it here so much! And yep all that was without staying in the preferred club! What else is there possibly left to say…GOOOO, book your trip this very minute- you will not regret it! Oh, oh, oh and DO visit Tulum while you are there…beyond words!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,307)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun for three weeks over the Christmas and New Year and all I can say it was brilliant and we will definatly be going again. When we arrived everyone was wonderful and made us feel so welcom, our room was excellent, food was the best we have had at an all inclusive and we were never at a loss as to which restaurant we would visit in the everning. One night we had room service and that was great as we watched TV and just chilled. Christmas and New Year had been well organised with some great activities and gala dinners the activities team worked so hard to help you enjoy your holiday.
The beach was amazing and I spent many a day walking along it stumbling across local wild life there was also Ring Tailed Lima's wandering around as the hotel is situated near a jungle area.The hotel was spotlessly clean ! The only thing we would say was out of character of the hotel was they did try and sell you wine from their celler which was very expensive on Christmas eve I brought two bottles of wine a merlot and a pino total cost £87 so just say you want the house wine which is brilliant they have a choice of four. I would like to say if I was to rate this hotel and holiday it would be my no 1.

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a great time at this Secrets Resort! The staff was exceptional. The beds were the best i have slept on in all of Mexico even over the much more exclusive resorts we have stayed at. The wait staff at the pool was fantastic. the room was in good order and clean. The only issue i had was low water pressure with little to no hot water in the shower.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Secrets of Maroma on our Honeymoon this last December. The experience was fantastic. The Entertaiment Staff are energetic and keep you busy all day. There is always something to do no matter what you enjoy. The Restaurants and there wait staff were amazing and always attentive. Make sure you check out Himitsu. Our Concierge attended to our every need. There was'nt anything that he would'nt do for us. We had a swimout room which was amazing. Its temperature was great and secluded. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the grounds were well kept. We had the time of our life.

Room Tip: Choose priority and get the preferred club.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my second time at Secrets. It was an enjoyable time overall. The property is very nice and the staff was great. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite on the beach. I know next time not to go during Christmas there were to many families. There wasn't as much interaction between couples because they were with there adult children. The food wasn't as good as it was the first time i was there 3yrs ago. We will go back again but just not during the holidays.

North Kingsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My cousin and I stayed in room 2712 (preferred club swimout) from January 7, 2013 to January 14 2013. What wonderful people, food, ambience, and the beach is like walking on superfine sugar. Our concierge, Sandra, couldn't do enough for us, and what energy she has! The employees seem more like friends, and cannot do enough to make a guest feel special. I wish I had gotten Andres (the bartender in the preferred club) recipe for his Pai Ai. Best drink ever!!!! I can't seem to find a recipe for it online...so sad. The pool and beach concierge, Jamie, is there before you call for him. Everything is done to make a guest feel valued, and we felt like we never wanted to leave. Fabulous people, fabulous trip. We shall return.

Room Tip: We were in building 27, in a swimout. We had a view of the ocean, and the pool was wonderful. It was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wanted to wait a bit after our stay before writing this review. My wife and I spent our Honeymoon here the first week of October. It is very hard to come up with words to describe this resort that have not already been said.

ROOM: Our room was perfect...the housekeepers did a great job of keeping our room clean...and plenty of extra towels. The fridge in the room was stocked each and every day with whatever you wanted stocked. Simply let them know...and they took care of it.

POOL AKA SWIM UP BAR: We spent a great portion of our time in the pool. We met many great new friends while we were there...mostly some Brits and some Irish. We made friendships that truly believe will last a lifetime. The swim up bar was fully stocked with anything that you wanted... I would venture to say that we drank every different type of drink known to man....plus a few that the staff whipped up just for me. If you want a float...or a chair by the pool...I suggest getting down to the pool early.

RESTAURANTS: All the restaurants were amazing....the French restaurant was our favorite. Portions were plenty big...(and I have a large appetite). Breakfast buffet in the mornings is simply amazing....anything and everything you can imagine is available...from mountains of pancakes...piles of bacon...or fresh fruit and juices. They have it all.

STAFF: The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay...they run a great entertainment program all day to get people involved that want to be. Make sure you take at least 100 one dollar bills to give as a tip...though it is not required...their hard work goes above and beyond...and you will want to tip them.

THE BEACH: The beach is beyond clean...powdery white sand...and the water is so clear. Pictures that you see do not do this justice...you must see it first hand.

POSITIVES...pretty much everything, but the one think I will note below. Whether its a honeymoon...and wedding or an anniversary....this is the place to stay. We will be back.

NEGATIVES...Just one....the night that we ate at the Himitsu we were served wine. Now keep in mind...the house wines are included in your all inclusive. However they have other wines that they are supposed to tell you there is an additional charge. I noticed after our meal...I was asked to sign a receipt showing 40 dollars for a bottle of wine. We had one glass each by the way. I took it straight out to the office and informed them I was not informed of this additional charge. They said they would remove the charge. A few days later when we went to check out...they bottle was still being charged to our room even though we were told it was removed. Once again we started at step one and they did remove it again. The bottom line is...if you order wine...make sure you ask them if it is included in the all inclusive...because not all of them are. This was a minor setback that the staff fixed...I just want to make sure that no one else has to go through what we did. All in all....it was a small negative as it was taken care of.

So what are you waiting for....book this place now!! You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Second floor or above for a better view of the gulf!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!