This review is extremely delayed on my part but I just loved this place so much, I figured I just HAD to write a review. My husband and I visited SMB in June of 2012 for our 5 year anniversary and we absolutely fell in love with the resort! Truly an oasis… The grounds were absolutely immaculate. The staff was warm, hospitable, and always very accommodating. It’s truly the staff and excellent service that make this place. The food, (Drool) - the food was amazing! Sure there was no lobster on the buffet, but you were always able to request baby lobster and they were happy to accommodate. We did dinner on the beach one night and everything was just breathtaking…OH and how can I forget the 24 hr room service dropped off in the “secrets box”! The pool was a little small but never really crowded as most spent their time at the absolutely GORGEOUS beach. I mean it was truly beautiful! Soft white sand, clear, postcard perfect water…oh how I wish I were back there now! Oh, and on that oh-so-perfect beach, prompt drink service!!! The drinks were delish and ever abundant, top shelf. The shows were actually very good as well, not the cheese-ball getup like at most AI resorts. The Spa was divine, albeit a bit pricey. Save the pedicure for other place ladies, not worth the cost here… The massage and facials were excellent however. The disco was also actually pretty fun at night- enjoyed it much more than I anticipated. Overall, we had an incredible time at this beautiful place and are dying to go back- like RIGHT now! Though we love to try new places, SMB has set the bar pretty high and we are finding it hard to currently plan our next trip because we loved it here so much! And yep all that was without staying in the preferred club! What else is there possibly left to say…GOOOO, book your trip this very minute- you will not regret it! Oh, oh, oh and DO visit Tulum while you are there…beyond words!
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.