My wife and I stayed at Secrets Maroma for a quick, three-night vacation in early December. We had a great first impression - the service was always friendly and prompt, drinks were well made and easy to get, and the room was amazing. We got a preferred club ocean view, but were lucky enough to be put on the top floor of building 26. This ends up being on Ocean Front room without the additional cost!
We had the World Cafe buffet every day and it is fantastic. We tried both Bordeaux & El Patio, both were great as well. The room service is pretty lousy, but at least we got a great story out of it:
* Night 1: Ordered the "Napa Valley" turkey sandwich. Definitely received a ham and cheese, or what they call a "Barros Jarpa."
* Night 2: Ordered another Napa Valley, and had room service deliver it into our room. The waiter opened the tray, looked at the sandwich and said, "Napa Valley." No. For sure, another ham and cheese.
* Night 3: The final test. We ordered both a Barros Jarpa and Napa Valley. The 30 minute wait for it to appear in the secrets box was intense. We opened the plates - and - two ham and cheese sandwiches. We nearly died laughing. I'm guessing they don't have that sandwich anymore. This must be the "Secret."
The beach was perfect, the sand was nice and cool, easy to get a chair/bed by the beach and pool. If there's a loud wedding, the break them up around 11pm. All in all, it was a great first experience in Mexico. We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen