My husband and I just got back from our amazing honeymoon at Secrets Maroma Beach! We came home expecting everyone to be happy and greet us enthusiastically and give us mojitos...probably because what was what we got for 10 straight days. Unfortunately, Philadelphia airport personnel didn't quite see it the way that we did..
So the theme of this review is service, luxury and quality! These three qualities really describe Secrets perfectly because it is what sets the resort apart from others. The staff go above and beyond in every way possible, they are always smiling and asking you what they can do to make your stay better...and then they actually do it! Carlos was our personal concierge for Preferred Club building 16 and he was on top of it! Always available to help in any way and take care of any issues from booking our romantic beach dinner to getting us our boarding passes in advance so we didn't have to wait in line. To understand the meaning of 'above and beyond', make sure to be at the pool at 1pm on saturday.
The Preferred Club, it's worth it just to get the buildings closer to the beach and the extra services that comes with it like private check in and the lounge. We stayed in 1649 which was on the top floor and had the most amazing view. Our room was amazing but we didn't use the soaking tub because the water wasn't warm. We did, however, use our jacuzzi every day...bring bubble bath and candles. Also, the birds are quite loud so bring a sound machine if you want to sleep past 5am! As far as ocean front verses ocean view, I say go with ocean view. In my opinion, the ocean front balconies are visible from the beach and don't have much privacy. The swim up rooms are a waste of money since the pools don't connect to the main pool and again no privacy or view of the ocean.
Ok so now the best part...it's all about the FOOD!. The food is just so good! We didn't do the hibachi at Himitsu but we did love the sushi there...although they are obsessed with cream cheese! Just ask them and they will make you whatever kind of sushi you want. The restaurants were.just as good as any meal you'd get in NYC. Even the 24 hour room service was amazing. We also were surprised at how good the soups were! From casual to fancy to buffet, the food exceeded our expectations! The drinks were amazing and the beach service was on point. Don't forget your daily trip to CoCo cafe for a white chocolate latte!
One of the highlights of the trip was renting the double decker palapa for the day. We loved it! Very relaxing and amazing service. I also thought the romantic beach dinner was one of the most romantic things I'd ever done and so worth it! The beach is so unbelievably beautiful it is breathtaking. Better than any beach I've ever been to. The pools are nice, there are two of them, one with a swim up bar and the other is an infinity pool. They are all in the same area but you can go to the fun pool and grab a drink at the swim up bar or relax at the more quiet pool. There are beds to relax in all over the property where you can take a nap or read a book. There are only 2 jacuzzis that are always filled with people which is the only thing I think that they could improve on at the resort.
Make sure to check out the spa, such a relaxing atmosphere and the services were so good. Definitely a luxury you need to have in your life:)
We did the Mayan adventure excursion which was really fun and exciting. The underground cave is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Definitely make sure to snorkel in a cave! We also took advantage of the professional photography, you get it for free with one free picture. We ended up getting a book since we loved our photos. Mario did an amazing job. Check out was very easy thanks to Jean who made sure to help us out with a movie we accidentally ordered. Overall, the hotel is amazing and we would love to keep it a secret just for ourselves but we will share it's amazingness with the world:) GO...GO NOW!
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.