We visited Maroma two years ago and loved it. It was our "ideal" hotel. Our expectations were very high this trip and everything was excellent, but there were a couple of disappointments.
1. The Preferred Club benefits have slipped. Their bar no longer had hot "Happy Hour" snacks. The chicken wings or crabcakes were a great snack to tide us over coming back from the beach before dinner. We recommend the Creme of 1921 Tequila as a shot.
2. I was shocked that you had to be preferred club to get basic internet access in your room.
3. Last time the main pool was heated but this time it was cooler than the ocean. The whirlpools could have been a bit warmer, but they are a great place to meet drinking buddies.
4. The entertainment activities no longer had good prizes. Only at bingo was there a prize. Last time we won bottles of tequila, entertainment staff T-shirts, etc.
NO More sour grapes. Check-in was easy, the staff friendly and courteous. The beach is the best and there was never a problem getting a lounge chair at the beach or pool.
The entertainment staff was great. We enjoyed getting to know Big Willy, Lorena, Mani, Bambi, and Diana. Oscar the tennis pro saw us play and offered to come out to hit with us. That was special.
Overall a great resort and we look forward to returning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen