We booked our trip 3 months in advanced for 8 people total. 4 Rooms for 4 couples. Booked all at the same time. Called two weeks before twice and re-confirmed our reservations. All was good.
We arrived and there were no reservations. We sat in the lobby for a while to figure things out. They could only offer us 5 nights. The other 3 had to be at a different resort. We chose The Vine in Cancun. All 4 couples got our rooms late after 4:00pm. We were all give rooms with double beds. Such a big bummer. Talked with another couple who were there for their wedding from England. They asked this bride to move on her last day to a smaller room and would give her $200.00 to spend. She asked if she could spend it at the spa they said "NO".You can spend in the gift shop. LOL Poor bride. She didn't move. Also another lovely couple all the way from France had a 19 day reservation. They didn't have their reservation either and she could only stay 5 nights. She was scrambiling to find another resort for the remainder of her vacation. I heard the resort had two hugs groups coming in and out throughout our stay which booked out the resort. BEWARE THEY OVERBOOK THIS RESORT. It sounds like normal practice. Such a bummer..
Ok, The good stuff:
Beautiful Resort and grounds. You really can't see the pool or beach at all from most of the rooms, unless you are in the preferred buildings. It is a long ways to walk from main part of resort to pools and beach. This was okay for us, we love the exersise.
Rooms- were nice and comfortable. The double beds were comfortable too!! He He
Food-The food was excellent. The espresso was superb in the room and at the Cafe. Drinks were very good and high quality.
Staff-Was so nice and friendly. We really loved Fransisco and Dennis(with braces).
Shows-The American Idol show was fantastic.
Beach-Was beautiful. Sand so powdery and soft. Swimming in the ocean was a blast. I'm a huge fan of the Cancun beaches also. Very comparable.
What makes this resort so expensive is the beach. It really is not worth the price. You can get the same look (Beach) in Cancun minus the jungle look.
Entertainment Staff-A blast. Loved beach volleyball everyday twice a day. They made it fun, and what a great beach to play on.
We would return again on "special pricing" A sale or something like that. We would be prepared to go to another resort during our stay. That was afirst for us and this was our 6th all inclusive trip to Mexico and 5 star resorts.
Enjoy, you will love it, just hope you can stay your whole week. :)
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.