“Great birthday dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Restaurants in Bridgton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Punkin Valley Restaurant & Motel is an 89-seat restaurant with a twelve-unit motel. Open seven-days-a-week, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Punkin Valley Restaurant is ready to serve you. We have a variety of menu items, all cooked to order at an affordable price. There is a full bar, with local, domestic, and foreign beers on tap. There is also a game room off the dining room, which houses several video games, as well as two pool tables.Punkin Valley is a great destination spot for Snowmobiles in the winter. We have our own groomed trails to our front door and plenty of parking for snowmobiles. As a patron of our Motel, there is plenty of space to park your snowmobile trailer should you decide to use Punkin Valley as your home base. We are a small family-owned establishment and work to serve and please everyone that enters through our doors. It has been under continuous ownership for the past eighteen years with small improvements each year. Should your visit with us be anything other than satisfactory, please let us know!
Bridgton, Maine, United States
“Great birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I dined here last night to celebrate my birthday. They were very accommodating of our large party, even though we did not make a reservation. All 10 of us were very pleased with our meals and drinks. The food was high quality and prepared properly. I will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“This place is a dump!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Where do i begin?? The disgusting dungeon dining room, the food that looks/tastes like old roy dog food, the rude staff, the FILTHY bathrooms or the tacky tasteless decor!

Visited July 2013
Bob G, Owner at Punkin Valley Restaurant & Motel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am sorry your food was not satisfactory on your recent visit. I do not recall being notified that one of our patrons was unhappy with their food or the service they received. We have had numerous staff changes recently in an attempt to find qualified, experienced, and friendly wait staff.
The interior of our restaurant is in the process of being renovated. We have recently installed new wall coverings and new carpet this past spring. Our bathrooms were completely renovated approximately eighteen months ago. We are a small family-owned business and cannot completely renovate or upgrade everything at once. I do take pride in having a clean restaurant (including bathrooms). If you decide to try our establishment again, please ask to speak with the manager on duty or myself if you are not completely satisfied. We hope to see you again.
Fryeburg, Maine
“Sought a decent pizza and variety of beer choices. Found it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Punkin is always a reliable and surprisingly delicious place for one or thirty! I pass through Brideton every month and I find that Punkin is open for posted hours (some close early - not good after 20 minute drive) and the food is delicious, hot and good value! Nice cozy bar too! Always, always friendly and accommodating!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I take pride in being open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only time we have closed early has been because of weather or a family emergency.

I am happy you enjoyed yourself and found everything to be satisfactory.
Bridgton, Maine
“Drive right by”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This has to be the dirtiest resturant I've ever seen. The food is awful, there were fruit flies all around the fruit on the bar. If you stay in the motel you better have all your shots.

Visited September 2012
Since your visit in September, the interior of our restaurant has been remodeled, including the walls and carpet this past spring. As several months passed before your review was submitted, I cannot identify a specific problem with your meal, as it was not brought to my servers or my attention. I apologize that is was not satisfactory. We have a newly updated menu as well.

Based on your review, I am assuming you stayed in our motel since you commented on it. Our motel is currently being remodeled, albeit slowly. We have three different rooms at different price ranges with different amenities and configurations.

We have passed all our Health Inspections in both our restaurant and motel. I hope that you will try our family-owned establishment once again and should you have any concerns or problems, please ask to speak with the manager on duty or myself.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disgusting, Dirty Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband, ten year old son and I stayed here while attending a Parent's Weekend at a local school. It was absolutely horrible. The smell when you walked in the bulding was disgusting. It was cigarettes combined with some horrible chemical. We couldn't stay in the room.
The rugs were filthy as were the curtains and bedspread. The sheets looked a little better. The bathroom sink was cracked and filthy.
Then there were the bugs on the curtain and we couldn't get the heat to work. The heat wasn't a problem anyway since we left.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. I am very sorry you were not happy with the motel room you rented. We have three different types of rooms available, as we are in the process of upgrading all our rooms. It sounds as if you had one of our older rooms. We are a small family owned business, so our upgrades and renovations take a little longer than the large companies do. Again, I am sorry you did not have a pleasant experience. I hope you will try our one of our newly upgraded rooms the next time you are in the area.