“A clean, cozy, comfortable home-away-from-home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Colony Motel
You added Colony Motel to your Saves list
649 North Main Street, RT 9, Brewer, ME 04412   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Greenville Junction, Maine
“A clean, cozy, comfortable home-away-from-home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My elderly mother and I have stayed here twice (April 2012 and December 2013) when we were visiting Bangor for shopping, errands, and/or medical care. The owner is very welcoming; the rooms are clean (this really means something when I say it, because I'm very particular with regard to cleanliness) and comfortable. The décor is a cut above what you find at the typical motel, and there are nice little touches in the rooms like a basket with chocolate bars and coffee/tea/cocoa (even the little plastic containers of cream are arranged artistically!). The hotel is in a nice setting by the Penobscot River and there's a great breakfast place (the Eagle's Nest) nearby. It's well worth crossing the river from Bangor to stay in this lovely motel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've stayed at the Colony Motel a while back and I must say it was a wonderful experience. They made you feel welcome from the start and the place was nice and comfortable. Great service. Clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to split the near 5 hour ride to Coobscook Bay in half.The Colony was right on RT 9 and we had read good things about the place.The reviews where right the onwers steve and lynn where friendly and helpful.They take you to your room show you around.Ask if you have any special needs.The rooms are fresh and clean.the bed was comfortable.It had a frig and microwave.Cable tv and Wifi.Another neat thing is a area out back where you can sit by a streamYou can't wrong staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

One of the highlights of my three week vacation was finding this motel. My favorite picture, out of the 1,884 I took on vacation, is the one of the office with the slogan "Sleepy People Wanted." Everything about the motel is beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Each room has a doll and a theme. There are 14 rooms in the motel. I am looking forward to experiencing a time of rest here again. Three restaurants were recommended by the woman owner. I tried two out of three of them, and they were excellent. I cannot stress enough how clean this place is. You will be very fortunate to get a room here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great motel. We had a very comfortable overnight stay.
Spacious, clean, quiet, and nicely decorated.
The owners are super and bend over backwards to make you feel at home.
They take you into your unit and give you a little orientation tour.
Nice personal touch I think.
There are some other nice little touches that one normally doesn't find anywhere, for example cocoa packets.

The only minor disappointment for me was the lack of shampoo which I just take for granted will be made available.

The wifi was a little spotty in our room depending on which device we were using.

One of the most pleasant stays I have ever experienced anywhere.

For those who love books you may want to check out Pro Libris, specializing in used books, across the river in Bangor.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chestertown, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for six nights in July. The owners Lynn and Steve were most kind and attentive. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Lovely touches of country décor gave a warm, caring touch. The two beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed the separate dining area with table, chairs, full size fridge and microwave. Excellent accommodations!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stopped here overnight on my way to Canada. An older property, but my room was quiet,clean and very comfortable. The owners were friendly, informative, and accommodating. There is a great little local restaurant about a mile away that have excellent lobster rolls.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Colony Motel? Share your experiences!