“Good pizza on the pier” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good pizza on the pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was open late when most of the shops had closed. It's also an alternative if you have gorged on lobster rolls at lunch.

72% Recommend
“Very good pizza.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Pizza's are fresh with many good options. Sauce is good. This is our spot for pizza in Boothbay Harbor. The staff is very attentive as well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Troy, New York
“Great slice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good pizza for a place so far north. Actually very tasty slice, going back for more before we leave Boothbay region. Its sharing space with a great little bar with a guitar player that does some very good band music. Big Levon Helm fans and it was fun!

Shrewsbury
“Watched a Red Sox game with the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good happy hour with a few TVs to watch sports. Noisy crowd as the evening wore on. Pizza looked good on the restaurant side but we held out for a lobster dinner elsewhere

Virginia
“Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have never met such rude people in my life. My husband and I were in Boothbay Harbor for a whale watching excursion. We got off the boat right at the Pier and decided to stop into the Pier 1 bar (there is also an awning out front advertising 'Fenway Bar') for a drink. The bar is connected to the pizza parlor. The bar was a little dirty and grungy but we just wanted to get out of the sun, drink something cool, and relax. We sat down and ordered a couple of beers and began chatting with another tourist couple next to us. The topic veered to good local lobster shacks. I said I had heard of one somewhere near the town of Wiccasset. Unfortunately, not being local, I didn't quite know how to pronounce the name). Suddenly this man appears from behind the bar (owner? bartender? who knows?) and begins ranting at me about lobster shacks. First he makes fun of my inability to pronounce Wiccasset correctely. Then he starts yelling at me about someplace called Reds that everyone thinks is a good lobster shack but isn't. He keeps referencing some guide book (Dennison's?) that everyone uses, and no one should use. This was not a gentle conversation. This guy was ranting and yelling. I was taken aback. I tried to say "I don't know what you are talking about." I have never heard of Reds or a guide book named Dennisons. But, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. My husband finally spoke up and said "Hey, man, we don't know what you are talking about." He ignored us and kept ranting.

I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I drank my beer more quickly than I ever had in my life, nudged my husband, paid and left. This guy was acting like he wanted to get into a fight with someone and that is not the type of thing my husband and I do.

As we were walking out of the bar, the guy continued to mock us by reiterating the correct way to pronounce the name of the town Wiccasset.

Don't bother with this bar. It is a dive with rude staff.

• Visited June 2013