“Just what we were looking for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boothbay Harbor
Harbor House Inn
You added Harbor House Inn to your Saves list
80 McKown Street, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538   |
Chas_P
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We really enjyed our stay with Tom and Monica; they were excellent hosts.

The inn is located n top of a hill, so if there are any breezes in the summer months, you are sure to get them here. We had room 7 which has the private entrance and deck. We would enjoy getting a cup of coffee in the evening and bringing it back to our deck for a quiet evening.

The breakfasts were also very good. Since we had good weather, we would have them out on the porch. The second morning, we got to watch a couple of eagles circling down by the bay.

We wouyld definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Topsham, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

The owner of this BnB is doing a really great job! Breakfast in the morning was absolutely one of the best I've had at a BnB. The Inn/Rooms were very clean and there was a nice dock to sit on and bask in the sun. We were within walking distance to town which has a variety of restaurants. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our room was on the back side of the house so we really had no noise. The only noise we encountered was that the floors creaked a bit, but that's to be expected in such a nice old building. The other guests were friendly and respectful of sleep times so all in all we were happy with our choice and for the amount of money we spent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

On this fall foliage trip (New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont), I have to say that the Harbor House Inn was the best. In fact, it was the best B&B I've stayed at anywhere.

The innkeeper (Monica - her husband was away while I was there) was charming and committed to making my stay comfortable. The entire building was renovated by both innkeepers, and it shows. What's more important though is that they seem to have thought through everything a traveler might need or want to be comfortable.

Okay, this sounds odd, but the bed was so comfortable, I even noted the manufacturer so I could order some for my own bed. Usually, I don't sleep soundly on my first night at a hotel. At this one, it was hard to drag myself out of the bed. Absolutely luxurious.

I can't recommend this Inn more highly. If you're in Boothbay, this is the place to stay. If I'm ever back in the Northeast, I'll be sure and book the itinerary to include Boothbay, if only to re-visit the Inn.

Cheryl

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed two nights at the Harbor House Inn. Everything that others have written is true - one could hardly find a more hospitable inn and congenial hosts. Tom took very good care of us, helped carry up our luggage, gave us directions to attractions and excellent restaurant recommendations. So many breakfast choices, including at least one hot dish but also a wide array of pastries, cereals, hard boiled eggs, etc. And a great location. However, we had a second floor room which was cozy and adequate but not real spacious - it still would have been OK except that the king bed had a rather sagging mattress which actually slanted to one side so my wife did not really have a good sleep the first night. (The second night was better as I propped up the bed's legs on one side with magazines to compensate for the slant.). Had it not been for the bed, this place would have rated a "5". Still, we hope to come back to this inn - but with booking in a different room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lyman, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

What a wonderful stay we had! My boyfriend and I stayed at The Harbor House Inn for my birthday weekend getaway and had a wonderful stay. Tom and Monica are such wonderful, welcoming hosts (Tristan and Pepper too!)- and great cooks! We only stayed two nights and had very different breakfast options each day... waffles, breakfast quiche, THE BEST MUFFINS IN THE WORLD, etc... and that Friendship Bread out in the afternoon after a day of browsing the shops is just delicious! Tom and Monica are very knowledgable about the area and will point you in the right direction for shopping, dining, etc. Great room, gorgeous views... I have no complaints and look forward to staying again in the future!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed here for a wedding. inkeepers were very helpful and knowledgeable. Great location and beautiful views. Room was nice and sleeping was extemely peaceful. Hope we can get back there again next summer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Milton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We spent 2 nights at Harbor View Inn recently. We called the day before and they had rooms but we had to switch. First night was Room 1, queen & twin beds, cozy but comfortable with a lovely view. The bathroom is private but detatched. The only issue here was the shower inside a clawfoot tub. My husband is recovering from a back injury and couldn't get in. The next night was spent in room 5, king bed, sitting area with an amazing harbor view and large bathroom with jetted tub. The whole house is clean and airy. Breakfast was a buffet style with a hot entree, fresh fruit, cereal, toast and hot muffins.. blueberry one day and banana walnut chocolate chip the next. I'd go back for those. They are located on a hill, thus the views, and it is a short walk to the village. Had hubby been healthy it would have posed no problem. Tom & Monica are very friendly plus they have a doggy welcome committee. If you visit give Tristan & Penner a pet for us. We WILL be returning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor House Inn? Share your experiences!