“This is the best B&B I've stayed at, by far” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boothbay Harbor
Harbor House Inn
80 McKown Street, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538   |
Phoenix
“This is the best B&B I've stayed at, by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

On this fall foliage trip (New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont), I have to say that the Harbor House Inn was the best. In fact, it was the best B&B I've stayed at anywhere.

The innkeeper (Monica - her husband was away while I was there) was charming and committed to making my stay comfortable. The entire building was renovated by both innkeepers, and it shows. What's more important though is that they seem to have thought through everything a traveler might need or want to be comfortable.

Okay, this sounds odd, but the bed was so comfortable, I even noted the manufacturer so I could order some for my own bed. Usually, I don't sleep soundly on my first night at a hotel. At this one, it was hard to drag myself out of the bed. Absolutely luxurious.

I can't recommend this Inn more highly. If you're in Boothbay, this is the place to stay. If I'm ever back in the Northeast, I'll be sure and book the itinerary to include Boothbay, if only to re-visit the Inn.

Cheryl

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed two nights at the Harbor House Inn. Everything that others have written is true - one could hardly find a more hospitable inn and congenial hosts. Tom took very good care of us, helped carry up our luggage, gave us directions to attractions and excellent restaurant recommendations. So many breakfast choices, including at least one hot dish but also a wide array of pastries, cereals, hard boiled eggs, etc. And a great location. However, we had a second floor room which was cozy and adequate but not real spacious - it still would have been OK except that the king bed had a rather sagging mattress which actually slanted to one side so my wife did not really have a good sleep the first night. (The second night was better as I propped up the bed's legs on one side with magazines to compensate for the slant.). Had it not been for the bed, this place would have rated a "5". Still, we hope to come back to this inn - but with booking in a different room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lyman, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

What a wonderful stay we had! My boyfriend and I stayed at The Harbor House Inn for my birthday weekend getaway and had a wonderful stay. Tom and Monica are such wonderful, welcoming hosts (Tristan and Pepper too!)- and great cooks! We only stayed two nights and had very different breakfast options each day... waffles, breakfast quiche, THE BEST MUFFINS IN THE WORLD, etc... and that Friendship Bread out in the afternoon after a day of browsing the shops is just delicious! Tom and Monica are very knowledgable about the area and will point you in the right direction for shopping, dining, etc. Great room, gorgeous views... I have no complaints and look forward to staying again in the future!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed here for a wedding. inkeepers were very helpful and knowledgeable. Great location and beautiful views. Room was nice and sleeping was extemely peaceful. Hope we can get back there again next summer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Milton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We spent 2 nights at Harbor View Inn recently. We called the day before and they had rooms but we had to switch. First night was Room 1, queen & twin beds, cozy but comfortable with a lovely view. The bathroom is private but detatched. The only issue here was the shower inside a clawfoot tub. My husband is recovering from a back injury and couldn't get in. The next night was spent in room 5, king bed, sitting area with an amazing harbor view and large bathroom with jetted tub. The whole house is clean and airy. Breakfast was a buffet style with a hot entree, fresh fruit, cereal, toast and hot muffins.. blueberry one day and banana walnut chocolate chip the next. I'd go back for those. They are located on a hill, thus the views, and it is a short walk to the village. Had hubby been healthy it would have posed no problem. Tom & Monica are very friendly plus they have a doggy welcome committee. If you visit give Tristan & Penner a pet for us. We WILL be returning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My friend and I spent several nights in the Harbor House Inn, and loved the comfortable welcoming feel Monica and Tom have established there. We had a top floor room with king bed and generous sitting area. It has windows on three sides, allowing sea breezes to cool the room, and spectacular views of the village and especially the harbor. Even the large bathroom has a window with a view!
Breakfasts were generous, varied, and relaxing. We enjoyed visiting with other guests as we all selected our own food from the abundant buffet offered. Monica and Tom know the area, including restaurants, local sights, neighboring towns, and are available to answer guests' questions.
I loved the homey feel, the relaxed pace, and the privacy afforded at the Harbor House.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Chester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The previous reviews say it all. It's a great place to stay. Perfect location, spotless rooms, delicious breakfast, friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor House Inn? Share your experiences!