“Wonderful Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Boothbay Harbor B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
“Wonderful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

We came into town late so we had to check in at the attached restaurant/bar. They were kind enough to let us order dinner even though the kitchen was closing. The food was Amazing and the people could not be more friendly. The room was very comfortable and clean. There was not much for breakfast (which was fine) but the homemade granola really hit the spot. Our innkeeper was helpful and let us take her atlas with us one day. We have told our friends about the Inn and would love to return!

• Liked — The bed was like sleeping on a big cloud.
  • Disliked — If I had to pick, I would say I would like more breakfast choices.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norristown PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Thistle Inn over 4th of July weekend 2007. We had a nice time at the Inn. Its not your typical B&B so be prepared for that. The room we had was on the third floor and I would say if you are a little older or a little overweight or just a tall person then stay away from the third floor. The steps leading up to the third floor are ver shallow and steep. I never came down the stairs with my shoes on because I think I would have died if I would have fallen. also as far as I could tell our room did not have a fire alarm which it really should being on the third floor. Once in our room it was very pleasureable. No problems with a great bed. Do not expect a made to order breakfast as in this B&B they do not offer one. Just a very basic cereal and some light pastries. Where it excels is it has a excellent restaurant and a very nice friendly pub. We had dinner twice and found it the nicest place in town to eat. Also we never met the owners of the inn which is very unusual for a B&B as they are usually in your face the whole time. There was no main sitting area though so it was either your room or the bar. Overall I would stay here again though not on the third floor again.

Stayed July 2007
Mass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

This is the perfect place to stay in Booth Bay Harbor.

The rooms were very clean, the staff were wonderful and the owners made me feel as if I were home.

This is a great place to stay if on vacation or for business travelers looking for a relaxed atmosphere after a hard day on the road.

I travel very often on business and I would rate this the best place to stay in Booth Bay Harbor and I have stayed at many others.

Go there, relax and enjoy this wonderful Inn on the Bay!!!

Al Berry

Stayed January 2007
Tonawanda, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

We stayed there twice last year -- once in the summer and once in the late fall. I liked the cozy feel of the Inn. The rooms are beautifully decorated. It was fun coming back from a day of sightseeing and hanging out in the bar like family. Excellent food. I highly recommend the Tuna Martini. I even purchased a bottle of bubbly at the wine store. I'll definitely be back again this year.

• Liked — Close to town but not in town
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful and romantic weekend at the Thistle Inn. The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was fantastic. A great weekend getaway!

• Liked — comfortable bed, beautiful furniture, incredible wine selections, good food
  • Disliked — you may have to climb a few sets of stairs to get to your room, but not a huge issue
  • Tips/Secrets — book early and definitely check out the wine room!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

The Thistle Inn is great. It is small and cozy with only 5 rooms and the staff really goes out of their way to make you feel at home. The Inn is clean and the service is impeccable. It is located in town near all the shopping so it is easy to take a stroll down the road along the harbor and shop or eat along the way. Be sure to visit the Inn’s wine shop, and the bar carved from a old boat. The restaurant features local cuisine and is served in several rooms each with their own charm. In the summer, dining outside under the stars is a treat. I stay there every time I visit Boothbay!

• Liked — The new owners provide a great breakfast
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — The beds are very comfy!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

Spent a wonderful couple of days in Boothbay Harbor at the Thistle Inn. Room was excellent & very clean with a lovely private bath and mini refrigerator!In the morning, breakfasts were warm, wonderful, and filling. Also had dinner in their attached Pub and very nice dining room! The innkeepers, the bartender, and the waitstaff were all very attentive and friendly. It was just a short walk to all that Boothbay Harbor has to offer like;shopping, whale watching, people watching! Well worth the long drive from southern Massachusetts.

• Liked — the staff!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — book early for holiday weekends!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Thistle Inn? Share your experiences!