Stayed for two nights at Fisherman's Wharf Inn. Arrived around 2:00, valet parking nice touch. Check-in was quick and easy. Room with king bed on third floor, view overlooking the outer harbor. The room was adequate, requested a small frig and it was already in the room at no extra charge.
The furniture was old and worn, the bed was firm (which we like), the pillows were like rocks!!! A/C worked fine. Bathroom small with hairdryer and soap amenities. The deck was semi-private and offered a beautiful view of the outer harbor and town.
Now the bad, we had drinks in the lounge that were definitely watered down alcohol. I ordered a blue martini and I'm sure that the citron vodka was almost pure water.
A full breakfast was included in our room price. The first morning the service was quick although unfriendly. The second morning we arrived at the hostess desk at 9:00AM and never left the restaurant until 10:10AM. That's two people for a small breakfast taking over ONE HOUR!!! My husband had to get up and serve the coffee and water at our table. The other guests followed suit and served themselves too. I don't mind waiting on myself but the service was absolutely the worst I've ever had at a restaurant. The food was average at best.
We heard several people say that if it hadn't been included in the price of their room, they would have gotten up and gone to a different restaurant.
The hostess only seats and cleans tables, she doesn't know how to multi-task and maybe, I don't know, serve some coffee!!!
She gave my husband a dirty look because he got his own coffee, but if she didn't want us to, maybe she should have served it for us!!
We might be tempted to return to the Fisherman's Wharf Inn but ask for a room that doesn't include the price of breakfast. But then again, there's so many other hotels in the area, maybe we'd just try a different one.
- Also Known As:
- Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel
- Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Fisherman's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of downtown Boothbay Harbor, the Fisherman's Wharf Inn has been a Maine summer tradition since 1946. We offer 54 guest rooms with harbor views, exquisite waterfront dining, and a central location convenient to all the harbor's shopping, dining and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Fisherman's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.