“The room smells!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Unknown
“The room smells!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The room smells like a nursing home! Even the fresh air from the harbor can't compensate for this smell!! Bring febreeze or a plug in! The bathroom and towels are clean but it just plain stinks. To make it better we had to spray hairspray. The hallway is pretty gross too.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I had a fantastic time at Fisherman's Wharf during Windjammer Days! The location is perfect with panoramic views of the harbor, the rooms very comfortable and well-appointed, and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful and efficient. Loved it!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Where do I start? To say it needs updating would be a gross understatement. Speaking of gross, bugs in the tub, last guests dirty towels left in stairway and smelled like urine 3 stairs up. I can tell you that it has a direct view to the east as there was no curtain on the sliding door, just a set of vertical blinds that were missing several slats and let the sun shine in at @5am. The beds had less give than the squeaky floor and the furniture would not even get an offer at a yard sale. I could go on but I think you get the idea. I will say that it is in a convenient spot with valet parking but Boothbay is small enough that pretty much anywhere is close to the waterfront. The view at breakfast was great but the food was, as our daughters put it, a little better than the stuff at college. It was a huge disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 257
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn. Your comments will help us a create a more positive guest experience. I am truly sorry that your experience failed to meet your expectations. The lack of cleanliness is unacceptable, and steps have been taken to ensure that it will not happen again. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the central location and spectacular view, and truly wish that your stay would have more pleasant. My apologies, and I wish the best to you and your family. Please travel safely and often.

Gorham, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were very disappointed in the front desk staff and over all quality of the hotel. We paid for a full harbor view room during the Wind Jammer days. That is not what we received, when we asked why we were told that the employee that booked our reservation (3 months in advance) was no longer employed there. No refund or reduced rate was offered. We were basically laughed at by front desk staff. My family and I are very disappointed, it was a very sentimental vacation for us.
Overall quality of the rooms is fair. yes they were clean but in serious need of updating. Hallways were sketchy.
Location is wonderful, I will give them that but we will not be returning. many other places to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies for the confusion with your reservation that resulted in a less than satisfactory experience with us. Though the room that you stay in is considered a full harbor view, its location should have been described more sufficiently by the staff during the booking process. A majority of our rooms are booked over a year in advance by people who have stayed with us many years in a row, so unfortunately, even when you booked, the room that you expected would not have been available; this should have been explained completely to you as well. I am glad to hear that your room was clean.Again, my apologies that your stay failed to meet your expectations, and I truly wish you safe and fruitful travels in the future.

General Manger
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at fishermans wharf inn this weekend. The inn was clean. Rooms comfortable staff friendly and helpful, food excellent. The location is great within walking distance to most things and overlooks the harbor with spectacular views! We definitely will be back!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place was a perfect stay for my boyfriend and me after a wedding a few miles away in West Boothbay Harbor. It was right downtown and had valet parking included. The staff was wonderful and helpful. I accidentally left sandals and my jewelry in the room and they're going to send me my items (thank goodness!). Also, the breakfast included with your stay was delicious and there was a great view. I took off one star just because there was a wedding happening below our room and we could very easily hear the music and DJ. Many of these older inns don't have the best sound blocking and the party wrapped up at a reasonable time, but it's something to be aware of during wedding season.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glenville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

After a rainy night camping we decided to motel it at Fishermans Warf Inn. We were giving a suite with awsome views at a great rate and were able to park bike under cover. Thank Thane for a great room and we look foward to our nexy visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. We appreciate your feedback, and I am really glad that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to give you an upgrade to a suite, to really enjoy the great view and location of the property. We look forward to your next stay, without the rainy camp out of course! Till then, please travel safely and often.

Fisherman's Wharf Inn

Been to Fisherman's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!