“Food very good - hard to get reservation” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ports of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
“Food very good - hard to get reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had trouble with online reservation, so called and then had to take very early seating, but food very good and very authentic. Very busy restaurant - prices to be expected

Visited August 2013

dallas, tx
“Italian among all the lobster in Maine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I love lobster but it was nice to take a break from that and this Italian fit the bill! The restaurant was crowded and busy but the owner took the time to come to our table to help us select wine. As a wine collector, it is wonderful to talk with others that love wine as much. We ended up with a very nice wine we had never had and it wasn't expensive!
Our waiter suggested the eggplant rollatini and we loved it! We had a pasta special that night and it was delicious! A great evening and a great meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Great place - crowded though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just happened upon Ports of Italy and were lucky to be able to get a spot at the bar on a very busy night. The wine list was wonderful - lots of Italian wines. The food was delicious.

Visited August 2013
Falmouth, Maine
“Not Impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a first generation Sicilian who has enjoyed many, many Italian dishes. My meal at Ports (the veal dish stuffed with spinach in a marsala sauce) was tough and tasteless. My wife's pasta with a bolanaise sauce was tasty but greasy. That grease haunted her for the rest of the evening!

I chose Ports because of the reviews on this site. I can only conclude that most of the reviews here are by people whose experience with Italian food is opening a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce and boiling some penne. If that's the case then yes Ports will please you. For me it does not come close to my 81 year-old dad's cooking or the cuisine at say Limoncello in Boston.

Buon Appetito!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakhurst, New Jersey
“A port worthy of docking!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having just returned from my trip to Boothbay harbor, I felt compelled to extol the virtues of this amazing restaurant. While most places I visited in the area were boring, bland tasting, we mainly serve lobster restaurants, Ports Of Italy was a dining experience full of bold flavors. I started my meal of with the Rollatini Di Melanzane, eggplant slices filled with ricotta and cover with sauce. The eggplant was cooked to perfection, while the red sauce was light enough not to overpower the subtle flavors of the cheese. A truly perfect start. I followed that up with the Cioppino Di Pesce. This homage to the San francisco seafood stew was heavenly. Not only was it full of every kind of shellfish you could think off, but the spicy wine and tomato herbed broth made it impossible to leave any bread on the table. A true dippers delight. With 2 enjoyable dishes down it was time for a big finish and their dessert did not disappoint. I went with the Mousse Al Ciocolato and a glass of port wine. I've had chocolate mousse before, but their dark chocolate was the thickest and richest i'd ever tasted. Complemented by the port wine, it was the perfect ending to an exceptionally delicious meal. So if you are in Boothbay Harbor and you are tired of the old boiled lobster, this is the place for you. You might feel that the prices are a little high, you might feel that the portions you get are a little small, but you definitely won't feel disappointed in the quality and flavors you get in the food. This is one Port I can't wait to anchor in again!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere