“Great way to Start the Day” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Café
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: The Blue Moon Cafe serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week and is conveniently located on Commercial Street right on the water. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking scenic Boothbay Harbor. The atmosphere is casual and we serve fresh and creative food at reasonable prices. Several of the Café’s specialties include, Fresh Baked Muffins, Cinnamon Pecan Crusted French Toast, Homemade Corned Beef Hash, Breakfast Burritos, Maine Lobster Rolls, Haddock wraps, Reubens and Crab Quesadillas. We also serve beer, wine and spirits so you must try one of Fred’s Most Excellent Bloodies which is always a favorite for Sunday Brunch. On Sundays we serve Lobster and Crab Benedicts as well as special seafood omelets. Please contact us about hosting a private dinner party on our gorgeous deck for 10 or more people.
Ashton,MD
“Great way to Start the Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a very good breakfast at the Blue Moon. Great location in downtown Boothday Harbor. Plenty of different coffees to choose from. Very tasty home-made corned beef hash was served to two perfectly prepared eggs. Will have to return for lunch!

• Visited September 2013

89% Recommend
Bangor, Maine, United States
“Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the Blue Moon. Ultra rainy day in Boothbay Harbor but the food was fresh and nicely prepared. Decent coffee! I had a breakfast burrito which was good though the beans could have been more spicy for me. I love the way they brown/toast the burrito. Makes it especially good. Thanks for a great breakfast. We'll be back for lunch another day!

• Visited September 2013
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had been searching for another place to get coffee in the harbor besides red cup, and i found it! They made a perfect cappuccino. I didn't stay to eat, but I did grab a muffin and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Utah (sor the summer)
“The best breakfasts in the harbor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

(Date shows last September - TA didnt allow earlier date) -
Five years ago we moved from New England in our motorhome - Utah summers, Arizona winters -
Used to be in Boothbay 3 times each year - Spring , Summer and Fall, and looked forward most to the Blue Moon. It's the best and loved by many for all the same reasons -
We, typically went for the breakfasts and blueberry muffins.
Don't miss it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockland, Maine
“Small town Big Flavor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food and staff were very good the view from the deck is amazing I normally take those things for granted because I was born and raised on the coast of maine. I ordered the barbies breakfast with French toast and a smoked salmon bagel. I also had a lemonade, some blueberry juice, and possibly the perfect bloody mary. I found the café the night before after a wedding that I was part of at the tugboat inn just next door in booth bay harbor. The next morning about six of us from the wedding went to the blue moon for breakfast and were happy to find the service was quick and friendly. The food was great and it was just what we were looking for. I would recommend the salmon bagel very nice.

• Visited August 2013