“Fabulous meal” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   31 Atlantic Avenue, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I held my son's wedding rehearsal dinner at the Boothbay Harbor Inn. The staff was very friendly, and helpful in the planning ahead of time. The dining room manager set us up inside, because the weather wasn't really cooperating, which was a big relief.
The food was absolutely spectacular, we had a chicken and ribs barbecue, with potato salad, green salad, rolls and corn on the cob.
The ribs may well be the best I've ever had, falling off the bone. The chicken was top-notch, with obviously select cuts used, the same for the spare ribs; both were loaded with meat.
Whether for a meal or a big event, the Boothbay Harbor Inn will leave you both full, and happy.
Special thanks to Pat, Cindy and the rest of the staff, with special kudos to the chef, for making this a memorable dinner for everyone in the wedding.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We returned to the Boothbay area recently for our 30th anniversary.We stayed in Boothbay on the first night of our honeymoon 30 years ago. Couldn't remember the place we stayed back then, but glad we found this place. Weekend before memorial weekend, but for the money it was well worth being a bit early for a few things being open. Service great. Room great. Nice TV. Wife loved the in room Keurig. Great bed. Even the 2 in room chairs were comfy. Deck was nice. Close to foot bridge. Overall no complaint. Would definitely return, if the price was right. (The faucet in the bathroom seems way out of place, too close to sink?? Like they had to keep something from the 70's after the remodel.. ;) no big deal just strange)

Overall good for us, thanks

Room Tip: the seagulls are not shy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Inn for two nights. Our room was on the first floor, very spacious and clean, with a sliding door to a patio. The bathroom was spacious with a well working bath tub with shower. The heat in the bathroom works separately from the room heating and it was warm in no time.
The staff was very helpful and accommodating and friendly. The Inn is situated right on the harbor , which you can see from your room. It is also right by the walking bridge that takes you to the restaurants and stores in town. The property is very well kept and each patio has two chairs. Our room looked to the side towards the walking bridge and the harbor. I would strongly recommend this property. They also have a wonderful restaurant "Windows on the Harbor" which serves great dinners.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Hope, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This review is long overdue, as we have stayed at the Boothbay Harbour Inn on several occasions. In looking at areas for this year's vacation possibilities, it occurred to me that I needed to write this. The Inn is very basic, but also very functional. The property is lovely, with Anarondak chairs outside for you to enjoy the view over the harbour. We chose a second level room, which has a nice balcony. The area is ideal, as you can walk across a long dock to the other side of the harbour, where all of the shopping and restaurants are. So it is all accessible without actually having to stay right in the hustle and bustle of town. We ate a few meals at the Inn, and they were fine. Nothing outstanding, but not bad either. The ambiance across the harbour is a bit more fun, and it’s nice to walk around and peruse the shops before/after eating. Staff are very polite and helpful, and very efficient and processing check in/out. All in all, we have enjoyed our stays here, and will continue to stay at the Boothbay Harbour Inn.

Room Tip: choose a room on the second floor - dragging the luggage up is a pain, but the view and balcony are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here two nights as part of a tour. Our room on the third floor had a great harbor view and a deck. This visit was at the end of this season and some of the help seemed more concerned about their next job than doing the one here. The room was large and airy and the HVAC worked well. The bath was larger than normal but very dated. The tub/shower would not stop dripping and they did not get to fix it while we were there for two nights. We had forgotten how small the older round toilets are but this Inn reminded us. The hosted harbor tour was great. Breakfast was above average for a buffet. We did not use the dining room as it seemed a bit pricey for our desires. Kaler's restaurant across the parking lot was informal, well priced and excellent. The parking lot staff was super.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kidderminster england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very pleasant room with balcony that if you stood on it you could see the harbour.Restaurant overlooked the water and really enjoyed the three course value for money menu.Liked walking across the bridge to the shops the other side.Lots of boats in the harbour but don't know what one would find to do on a longer visit as the area is off the beaten track.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the harbor would be best for the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The following response to their email was sent to Boothbay Harbor Inn on Oct. 9; there has bee no response from them:
When I made my reservation, I requested a wheelchair accessible room, preferably with 2 beds and non-smoking. I was told that the room with the roll-in shower was booked, and I responded that I do not need a roll-in shower, but I do need a wheelchair accessible room and bathroom. I was told there were a few rooms available on the first floor, and I opted to pay the highest price for the "superior" view. Upon my arrival late afternoon of Sat. Oct. 6, I was surprised to be in a room that had no wheelchair accessible elements other than the bed was at the proper height (Room 109). I did not ask for another room because I knew that the one room with the accessible shower was in use and with it being a holiday weekend, I knew how hard it would be to stay anywhere else. The bathroom is very small, and my wheelchair barely fit. The toilet is much too low (the seat should be 17-19 inches from the floor) and the sink was too high with a counter that nearly caused an injury to my head & face as I transferred from my wheelchair onto the toilet. There are no grab bars at the toilet, and I could not even being to try to use the bathtub. Instead of making the nearly impossible transfer from my wheelchair down to the toilet seat then back up, I used the bathroom in the lounge (not an ideal situation to say the least).
Manuevering around the room was difficult because of all the furniture. I could not hang up clothes because I could not get to the "closet" (a hanging rod next to the bed). There wasn't a lower peep hole on the door, and the door hardware was improper. I could not go outside through the sliding glass door in my room due to the step down. I could not use the outside paths because of the crushed stone. The parking space at the entrance door was only usable because of the clear area in front of the door. I drive an adapted van and I need 8 feet of space on the driver's side to deploy the ramp and safely exit my vehicle, as required by code.
In addition, the room was not as clean as it should have been. There will pills and other items on the floor near the head of the bed, and the dust and cobwebs were disgusting. The decor is unpleasant, as nothing matches. Basically, my room was for sleeping only, as I could not comfortably stay in the room, which, in my opinion, was a very high price to pay for dealing with so many inconveniences.
Upon checkout I was asked if everything was to my liking, and I responded, "No, it was just OK." The response was "Good!." I guess being OK is sufficient for your standards.

Room Tip: Ask detailed questions about wheelchair access.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Boothbay Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!