The following response to their email was sent to Boothbay Harbor Inn on Oct. 9; there has bee no response from them:
When I made my reservation, I requested a wheelchair accessible room, preferably with 2 beds and non-smoking. I was told that the room with the roll-in shower was booked, and I responded that I do not need a roll-in shower, but I do need a wheelchair accessible room and bathroom. I was told there were a few rooms available on the first floor, and I opted to pay the highest price for the "superior" view. Upon my arrival late afternoon of Sat. Oct. 6, I was surprised to be in a room that had no wheelchair accessible elements other than the bed was at the proper height (Room 109). I did not ask for another room because I knew that the one room with the accessible shower was in use and with it being a holiday weekend, I knew how hard it would be to stay anywhere else. The bathroom is very small, and my wheelchair barely fit. The toilet is much too low (the seat should be 17-19 inches from the floor) and the sink was too high with a counter that nearly caused an injury to my head & face as I transferred from my wheelchair onto the toilet. There are no grab bars at the toilet, and I could not even being to try to use the bathtub. Instead of making the nearly impossible transfer from my wheelchair down to the toilet seat then back up, I used the bathroom in the lounge (not an ideal situation to say the least).
Manuevering around the room was difficult because of all the furniture. I could not hang up clothes because I could not get to the "closet" (a hanging rod next to the bed). There wasn't a lower peep hole on the door, and the door hardware was improper. I could not go outside through the sliding glass door in my room due to the step down. I could not use the outside paths because of the crushed stone. The parking space at the entrance door was only usable because of the clear area in front of the door. I drive an adapted van and I need 8 feet of space on the driver's side to deploy the ramp and safely exit my vehicle, as required by code.
In addition, the room was not as clean as it should have been. There will pills and other items on the floor near the head of the bed, and the dust and cobwebs were disgusting. The decor is unpleasant, as nothing matches. Basically, my room was for sleeping only, as I could not comfortably stay in the room, which, in my opinion, was a very high price to pay for dealing with so many inconveniences.
Upon checkout I was asked if everything was to my liking, and I responded, "No, it was just OK." The response was "Good!." I guess being OK is sufficient for your standards.
- Also Known As:
- Boothbay Harbor Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Boothbay Harbor Hotel
- Boothbay Harbor Motel
- Boothbay Harbor Inn Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boothbay Harbor Inn, Boothbay Harbor, MaineWelcome to your waterfront destination, the Boothbay Harbor Inn! We offer sixty deluxe guestrooms, with modern amenities and views of the working waterfront. Most have a balcony or patio (some private) and sunsets are our specialty! We are located at the water’s edge, next to the famous wooden footbridge, which provides easy access to the town of Boothbay Harbor. Just a short walk will take you to a wide variety of shops, galleries,restaurants and boating activities.Our waterfront restaurant, Windows on the Harbor, offers breathtaking water views, spectacular sunsets and nightly entertainment on the baby grand. We feature fresh Maine seafood including Maine lobster, as well as other New England specialties. We offer a full bar, a complete beer and wine list, a well rounded assortment of desserts, and a junior menu. Dinner is served nightly, and reservations are welcome.Our main dining room, as well as our outside tent area, are available for receptions, rehearsal dinners, parties and other gatherings. The restaurant boasts panoramic windows directly facing the harbor, and our front lawn is right at the water’s edge. Our special banquet menus offer a wide variety of options to fit every taste and pocketbook. Special accommodation rates are available for weddings and other large groups, and for individuals we also offer special all-inclusive vacation packages featuring accommodations, meals and activities. We are open mid May to mid October, and are available year round for reservations and information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Boothbay Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.