“Bring Your Appetite” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Skaneateles, New York
“Bring Your Appetite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

In our 20+ years of visiting in this area, we have never stopped at Bet's. That will not happen again. My friend and I each ordered the half haddock sandwich and handcut fries. Thank goodness they suggested we get only one order of fries. The portions are enormous. The haddock is some of the best I have ever had and the fries are so yummy. I ended up bringing half of my half sandwich back to camp with me. Don't miss this great Boothbay icon.

Visited September 2013

92% Recommend
East Boothbay, Maine, United States
“Fish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you want fried fish, this is where you get it. They are very good at what they do and servings are huge, so if you leave hungry it's your fault. If you want a lobster roll or a fresh garden salad, don't stop here, fish and french fries.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wantagh, New York
“Bet is a true legend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Boothbay area is splendidly dotted with great places to eat. Bet, however, is in a class by herself. She is obviously aware of her reputation but will humbly chat with locals or well-educated tourists about what she's been doing successfully for a number of years. And, truly, there is only one reason I can see that she soldiers on everyday, bringing smiles to the countless patrons that visit her, growling bellies anticipating another spectacular indulgence. Love. It's in the food. It's in the air.
The Fish and Chips are almost indescribable. The Brits do theirs with a heavy batter and it works along side the thick cut fries. Mainers have a different idea. Bet puts a light breading on primal size slabs of fresh Haddock and serves it up perfectly fried with daily cut shoestring potatoes. I like her version better than any other. It will blow you away. I don't know if you could do better on the East Coast, West Coast or worldwide. Go see her. Be advised, the portions are massive and built for sharing. I you want a drink, bring your own or visit the soda machines out back. I promise, your stomach will want to sing and dance.
Hehe. See you soon, Bet.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LaBelle, Florida
“Best Haddock Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stopped at this little fish shack on a recommendation of a friend. There were 3 of us and we ordered the "regular" fish and chips. It was more than enough for the three of us. The huge fish pieces are lightly breaded and deep fried. The chips are hand cut, deep fried and are some of the best fries I've ever had. Don't go there expecting anything other than fish and chips, all they serve is fish and chips. Orders are To Go or you can sit at picnic tables that include umbrellas.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, New York
“Best fried fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I love this place. The reviews were spot on. Excellent fish and fries. I wish I lived closer so I can have this meal every week. The prices were not bad either. We did have a hard time finding it. I thought it was around the bay area. It was inland.