“Great place for a family to stay” 5 of 5 stars

200 Townsend Ave., Route 27, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bozeman
“Great place for a family to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in early June 2013 to attend friends' wedding in lovely BoothBay. While other hotel guests were paying $150/night to be on the bay itself, the Flagship Inn is 3/4 mile down the road for 1/2 the price. Stuff you expect and get: Helpful staff up front. Continental breakfast does include hard boiled eggs chocolate muffins, what kid doesn't lie that combo? Wee fridge in the room for beer and left over pizza and milk in sippy cups. Nice extras: Outdoor pool and hot-tub only a few yards away within eye-and-ear-shot of the rooms. Kids play area (small but adequate for my 2 and 4 year olds), with bat mitten/volley ball net, complete with rackets and volley balls. Gorgeous 1/2 mile walk to/from Penny Lake right out back. Supermarket next door and pizza shop across the street. Cheapest gas north of Maine right across the street. Full kitchen including microwave in common space by front desk. Coffee in this kitchen all day.

Room Tip: First floor rooms awesome when you have wee kids to get in and out of the car. North side of hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were looking for a small place to stay one night in our way North Acadia National Park a friend suggested Boothbay Harbor. I went on line scanned a few places that the search found for us and decided to book a room there.
It was a very good decision. The Flagship Inn was a perfect choice, the place was spotless, front desk an everybody else were friendly, courteous and professional. And the price very fair.
I will stop there, next time, and suggest this hotel to everybody.

Green Features: I support businesses that respect the environment.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Belvidere, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Checked in Friday for a 3 night stay , but due to a flooding problem at our home in New Jersey due to heavy rain , we had to leave a day early , we fully expected to pay for the 3 nights but was only charged for the two nights we were there Thank You. The staff were very friendy and hospitable .Room was very clean Breakfast was great the raisin toast was to die for, Thank you again and we will be back for sure Mary & Bill

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyndonville, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Last Saturday I checked into the Flagship Inn for one night. I was treated personally and kindly throughout my stay, a return visit as this hotel is extraordinarily hospitable to my pomeranian poodle, toys included. The layout is particularly nice as it is in the gateway area to this very popular travel destination. Nearby resources include a pharmacy and a market. The Inn is situated on a beautifully landscaped, with doggy bags easily available and a hiking trail from the premises. I was able to have a wonderful client meeting on the lawn, near the walking trail. I had easy access to computer help which i needed badly. The room was appropriate, clean, and well maintained. I was pleased to witness the supervisor of the rooms walking around the building with a check list of items to be checked for each of the room by the cleaning attendants. They were cheery, provided me in my outside office on the lawn with a pen when i needed it and even helped me with a few extra chairs for my outside office. I will continue to use this wonderful Inn as I return regularly to visit schools in the area. Continental breakfast and restaurant are available and are appropriate to a well run operation. While not overly fancy, the package including prices seems very reasonable. The hospitality seals the deal.

Room Tip: Special rooms are reserved for pets and many other rooms are pet free, so don't worry.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a great stay here. I was attending a wedding memorial day weekend and needed to take my springer spaniel along with me. There was a toy lobster in a doggy bowl waiting for him with two treats which he enjoyed. Also there are trail near the motel that he gladly romped in and made him feel special. The room was very clean, nice comfy towels and bed. The bathrooms had shampoo and such with Iron and hair dryer. The continental breakfast was more than I expected the next day and the service at the front desk was very helpful. I would stay here again and would recommend this motel. Very good value for the amount paid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is great for visits to the harbor.
The room was fine, clean and cool.
There was not 1 single piece of fresh fruit available at Breakfast and we did not arrive late. I can't understand this. Fruits are grown all over the US, it's such a basic breakfast food. I hope this is corrected for all future guests.

• Stayed August 2012
mbarter, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Flagship Inn, I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that you missed the fruit at breakfast the day you were here. We always have a basket of fresh fruit (usually oranges or bananas) on the breakfast table. They are located by the cereals, and may not be as easy to see. We will locate them a little more obviously in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.
Salem, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here several times and always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The hotel is less than a mile from the downtown tourist area with plenty of parking. No frills but they have suites and family rooms and they remember that you have stayed there before.

Room Tip: This is a two story motel style building, the ground floor is very convenient the second level is le...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!