“Stay at the flagship inn when you visit Boothbay Harbor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
East Waterboro, Maine
“Stay at the flagship inn when you visit Boothbay Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I would highly recommend the Flagship Inn in Boothbay Harbor. The room was very clean and comfortable . It is located close enough to town and restaurants. The price per night is very reasonable and the staff was friendly. I am looking forward to staying there in the Spring!

Room Tip: check out their website online
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I recently stayed at the Flagship Inn in Boothbay for almost five weeks on a work assignment.

I found this place to be great. The rooms were standard and clean.

I brought the dog with me as I'm a contractor with a constant front seat companion. The first room I was in smelled a little doggy and my mutt wasn't comfortable as he was in an unfamiliar surroundings so I sent him home with the GF. I was going to ask to be moved to a non-dog friendly room, but when I came back from work my room was spotless and the carpets had been cleaned (or something) because the dog smell was gone. I spent my time there mostly in one room, but was in three rooms overall. All three were spotless.

The rooms on the left (east) side of the property get a better wi-fi (FREE) signal.

The breakfast room is bright and airy, there is plenty of room and a nice continental breakfast and very good coffee. They have a big flat screen TV so you can watch the news with breakfast. There are some BBQ pits on the sunny side of the building which we used when the weather was good.

This property was mostly occupied by retired fall travelers who all seemed to be enjoying the Flagship and the surrounding Boothbay region.

The pool and hot tub were really nice. Beautiful solid concrete pool and hot tub, both spotless. They kept it open until Oct 1st which was wonderful as I used it a bunch after work.

The lawns and grounds were nicely landscaped and well maintained. The property sits adjacent to the Boothbay Harbor High School and there Football field is right next door. Many of the residents turn out to watch the local football games and there seems to be quite a lot of school spirit. All the kids I met in this town at the grocery, variety store, restaurants were really nice and polite. This is a nice place to grown up I'm sure.

There are tons of available restaurants available in the off season. Right in the parking lot is a nice restaurant (CJ'S). The prime rib was so-so, but other meals I ate there were good. Across the street is a combo gas station/ variety, pizza and sandwich shop. The pizzas were great on the nights I was too tired to go out for dinner. Down the road the Chinese restaurant (China Sea) and the pub across the street (Pot Buoy Pub) were both great. Good food, good people.

My truck broke down while I was staying there and I took it across the street to Hawkes Motors and they fixed it for $200.00 less than I was quoted. That never happens at home.

I very much enjoyed my stay in Boothbay despite the job I was on for the month. The staff at the Landmark are truly friendly and helpful at anytime of day or night.

A bargain for the price.

Cheers

Room Tip: Looking in from the street the rooms on the left side are on the Sunny (east) side
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The rooms are a good size with king bed, fridge and microwave. Free internet. Very clean and staff are welcoming. A bit out of the main village/town about a 10/15 min walk but easy to get to and loads of parking. Straightforward breakfast and enjoyed the wafflemaker. Good value place to stay. Will will use again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Being our first time in Boothbay, we found the front desk was very helpful in planning out our evening. The room was standard in size and clean. Breakfast was fresh and filling. We even got to enjoy the Boothbay high school football game from the balcony.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel was recommended to me, and I was pleased because the room was clean, and I felt safe. It is a bit out-of-town, but that was OK for me, as I only stayed one (1) night.

Note: I asked-for and received a pet-free room.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Lynn, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed several times in the BoothBay Region in the Mid 90's when our kids were young. Our kids are all grown and now we have two dogs that travel with us everywhere we go. This is our 2nd time at the Flagship Inn, eventhough our first visit was some time ago, it still didn't disappoint. When we went in our room, there was treats, toys and a bowl for our dogs, what a nice touch. The room was very clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Flagships Location is walking distance from the Boothbay Harbor waterfront. I will return and I recommend you try the Flagship Inn for a Great BoothBay Harbor experence.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nites last weekend. It was a great place to spend our weekend getaway. The king size bed is comfy and the room is clean. Each room has 2 chairs outside so we can sit and enjoy the New England weather. Breakfast is simple consisting of coffee, OJ, waffle-maker, and various pastries. Location is good, across the street from gas station and a few hundred feet away from a groceries store.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!