“Best Motel in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Biddeford Motel

Biddeford Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biddeford
Biddeford Motel
You added Biddeford Motel to your Saves list
560 Elm St., Biddeford, ME 04005   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Motel in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I come to biddeford frequently for business trips and stayed at every motel in town. I have to say value wise it is the best in town.Very friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Southern NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We needed a place to sleep only for the weekend, so we stayed here. It's not the best hotel but it was clean and the Cleaning Girl was very helpful, I believe her name was Jessica. We weren't the quietest of guests and noone complained. It's right off of the highway and centrally located close to Old Orchard Beach, Kennebunkport, The Maine Diner. Don't expect 5 Stars but expect a place to rest your head.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Central Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

After reading a few online reviews, I was prepared for The Worst, so when I arrived there was no shock & awe. There's a good reason this motel is the cheapest in the area, but depending on your needs and expectations, this may be 'good enough'. Pros: cheap, very easy to find (just a hundred yards down US-1 from the I-95 entry/exit), and ... uh, there's a phone, air conditioner, TV, coffee-maker & bar of soap in the tiny Lilliputian room. And a soda machine outside with 75-cent Cokes (coins only). Cons: old (very - think 1960-ish); needs new paint/carpet/furniture/bathroom and almost everything else in the room; no iron in the room (but that may be a 'pro' depending on the clientele); musty smelling. All-in-all, this is basically a run-down roadside motel you'd half expect to find people hiding in overnight when they're on the lam or out of luck. And then there are people like me who are more or less 'normal' but can't afford the unbelievable, outrageous rates charged by the other hotels/motels in the area. So, even though I felt like my feet were getting dirty by walking barefoot on the carpet, if I found myself in Biddeford Maine again (alone - not with my family), I'd probably stay at this motel because once you get past expecting something nice, it meets the criteria of 'bed and a door that locks'.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Biddeford hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I enjoyed it, great place, good rates compared to the rest of the town and area and very friendly staff! Surprised they had high speed wifi

Room Tip: great and clean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Prescott Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Don't say here if you expect a clean room. Busy season in area and pre-payment in full was required. Now we know why. We wouldn't choose this motel but it was recommended.
We turned down beds late at night to find both beds perviously used.
When we told manager about the problem and showed her the beds, she insisted the sheets had been washed, those were just stains. Other bed was full of black hair as was the bathroom floor. After a heated agruement she agreed to change sheets; clean sheets were placed on just one bed. Couldn't believe how disgusting the room was let alone the manager's attitude. Wonderful business lady, infact she told us "I am the owner".
STAY AWAY if you expect clean rom and courtesy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

This place is nasty and needs to be closed down! The doors do not work properly and actually locked our kids in the room for 2 hours until the not so bright and friendly owners figured out the door was actually broken, the windows dont work and the place is NASTY DIRTY, pubic hairs all over and the bugs that just so happen to live in the rooms ate us alive. They dont wash the comforters or bed blankets, just the sheets. We had to go and buy our own blankets, pillows and cleaning supplies!!! Just for a weekendend getaway with the kids! NOT RIGHT AT ALL!!!
The Motel WILL NOT give a refund and they dont let you see the room until they have charged your card, I guess I shouldve ran then, no vacancies anywhere else, another red flag, Please dont make the same mistake we did
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be reporting them on the State and County levels, they should be shut down.

• Liked — Nothing stay away
  • Disliked — Nothing stay away
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
windsor locks, ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We picked this place out of the AAA tour guide and assumed it would be acceptable. However the room was dirty, with peeling wallpaper, a broken light fixture, old, stained, mismatched furniture, just sleazy. Admittedly this was a few years ago, it might be better now, but the experience has stuck with me.
We decided to check out and look for another room. I went to the front desk and asked if we could have a refund. I expressed my feelings about the room. The female proprietor was going to refund half the price of the room, but then her husband stepped in and refused to do it. He denied that there was anything wrong with the room. So, we were out $68, but it was well worth it to be away from that awful place. I considered contacting AAA and asking them why this motel was included in their tour guide at all. It certainly didn't belong there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy room, bad attitude of owners
  • Stayed August 2005
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Biddeford Motel? Share your experiences!