“Authentic experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
West Newfield, Maine
“Authentic experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have never been to an Indian restaurant, but had tried Indian dishes at other establishments and didn't really care for them. But my lamb curry was very tasty with just enough curry sauce. The lunch portion came with nan and rice for only $7.95. I went with a friend who goes to Jewel of India when he's in town and his chicken curry is consistently good. I enjoyed trying the three different condiments the waitress brought. It looked very authentic with beautiful wall hangings throughout the family-run restaurant and cool old Victrola. The service was fine; the only complaint I have is the bathroom could have used a cleaning.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saco, Maine
“first experience with Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My girlfriend had lived in India for 6 years, so she helped
me with my food choices. The bread sampler was very good.
The waitress explained about the various condiments shplaced on out table. My entree was a chicken dish, very mild as I
requested. MY girlfriend shared some of her lamb
entree with me, which was very good. i shall order that on
my next viist.

Visited June 2011
Kennebunk, Maine
“Truly a Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I love this cozy, aromatic and delicious restaurant. The service is great and the atmosphere is authentic and friendly.

Visited February 2012
Maine
“A True Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Wonderful homemade cuisine, the lamb rogan josh is fantastic! The nan is very good and lots of choices. I've been a regular of this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. I would give the food 5 stars and the service 3 stars . . . sometimes I feel like the server has forgotten we are there and neglects to check and see if we need anything . . . but that is the only negative I can find. If you enjoy Indian food, you WILL love this place!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arundel, Maine
“Surprisingly Authentic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Nice find. I enjoyed my meal much more then expected. Wonderful Naan, Chutney and Tikka Chicken. Quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Will happily dine there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere