“The perfect hotel to find out on the road” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Biddeford

You added Holiday Inn Express Biddeford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Barra Road, Exit 4 Business Park, Biddeford, ME 04005 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
north jersey
“The perfect hotel to find out on the road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed at Comfort Suites Biddeford on our trip to Cutler ME., going & coming home.Friendly, courteous staff, very nice facility, safe & secure, comfortable & clean room. Pet friendly too.Great continental breakfast offered each morning from 6am to 9am.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Stayed here for three nights on vacation to Portland Maine area. Upon check-in, I discovered that the coffee maker wasn't cleaned from the night before. Also, the remote control didn't work, so I was given another one, which also didn't work. The next morning, when the room was cleaned I requested another one, which didn't work either. The next night, I exchanged it for another one from the desk, which didn't work either. Since I deducted it was probably the TV, the only solution was to switch rooms. The only room available for a queen at the other end of the hall. I didn't feel like moving that far, so I decided to put up with it. Then I tried the HBO channel, which didn't work, despite the promise from the clerk that it would. This place sucks. Suites are nothing more than regular hotel rooms with a couple of half-walls. Cheapo hotel with no attention to detail and no concern from staff. Pathetic place. I can't remember having this many problems with a room, even with cheaper hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE! We called the manager of the hotel the night before reserving our stay (last minute night away), and said we'd like to stay there and that we have twin one year olds and would need cribs for them if we stayed there. The manager said that yes, they can provide us cribs.
Next day, we checked in 20 minutes after check in time, and go to the room and no cribs. We went to the front desk to ask, and manager said that they are first come first serve (only 4 in the entire hotel she said). Well, a bit too late to tell us that! As a mom of twins I know very well to plan and pack properly, yet she then proceeded to tell me that it was my fault that i didn't properly prepare by not packing pack n plays - rude! We were in the room for all of 10 minutes, moved barely a bar of soap, and she would not refund our money. Nor express any sorrow, or provide any guidance on how we were to have a SAFE stay in "Comfort" inn that night. So we drove 3 hours home and had to pay for a room that we didn't use! The corporate office said that they could not refund our money, only the local hotel manager could. The manager provides a sacharrin sweet hello, but underneath she is cold hearted.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My family and I rented three rooms and all three left much to be desired. I work in the hotel industry and therefore know what rooms should look like and when they just don't care. In our room there was black mold all along the caulking in the shower, the corners had at least 1 inch of grit and nastiness in them and the door came within an 1/8 of inch of the toilet when you closed it, so if someone opened the door while you were using the toilet, you'd get nailed in the knees. My sister's room had so much mold along the bottom of the shower curtain that you could tell it had been there a while, mold like that doesn't appear overnight. When we contacted the hotel, the sales director let us know that she would take care of it. Well maybe she should take care of the housekeeping manager because part of her job is to make sure that those rooms are cleaned properly before putting guests in them. Don't they know that black mold like that is dangerous!!! My dad's first room was dirty, the toilet was on the verge of overflowing with someone else's waste, there was dirty soap on the counter and dirty towels. When they moved rooms they discovered that the vanity light in bathroom didn't work. My dad is legally blind so he kind of needs the light. When he called the front desk she said no one could do anything until Monday. My husband took a light bulb from our vanity and tried to put it in his. No luck. The whole vanity was broken, not just the bulb. How does that happen? My suggestion would be to stay somewhere else. The didn't seem to care about anything that was wrong in our rooms. I would never allow a room in my hotel to look the way those bathrooms did. I would simple be embarassed!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Sturbridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

This hotel is conveniently situated between Freeport and Kennebunkport, both of which have fun Christmas festivals. This was our second visit at this Comfort Suites, and again it didn't disappoint me. Clean rooms, decent breakfast, and really nice staff who make you feel like friends......and I can't believe they actually call you shortly after check-in to make sure everythign is OK! Much cheaper than any place near our 2 destinations. The Freeport hotels were nearly twice the price. High speed internet service too.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Heating system was terrible, too noisy.
Had to turn off and freeze at night.

Chinese maid did not speak English so
we could not give instructions. Front desk
clueless, no follow-up.

No-one could figure out how to
charge our room to American Express points.

Rowdy HS Hockey team spread out
among 3 floors to unsure the rest of the guest
could be bother by the noise of teenagers
with high levels of testosterone.

Manager would not return phone call after
trip. Called 5 times and Tanya was too busy
managing the hotel with a half dozen guest.

Would hate to see what this hotel was like
in the middle of July!

Have stayed here about 6 times since
their opening in 2003. Will Not Return.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

We got to the front desk and checked in everything was fine till we got to our room NOOOOOOOOOOOO hot water in the shower the heat didnt even get warm.sooooooooooo we were moved across the hall.well about 5 mins later we looked out through the peek hole and they put new people in that room.And the paper in the room says if you ever need anything or forget anything complimentray stuff can be given.My son didnt bring his tooth brush and they were all out.out of pillows towels.............................
No towels by the pool i will never stay at this dump again plus we called the front no answer we called 3 time so we went down and the girl is playing on a computer not helpful at all if you want my advice dont stay here.

• Liked — not really anything
  • Disliked — no hot water and not great service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!