“Our Maine gettaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Biddeford

You added Holiday Inn Express Biddeford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Barra Road, Exit 4 Business Park, Biddeford, ME 04005 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
fl
“Our Maine gettaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Heating system was terrible, too noisy.
Had to turn off and freeze at night.

Chinese maid did not speak English so
we could not give instructions. Front desk
clueless, no follow-up.

No-one could figure out how to
charge our room to American Express points.

Rowdy HS Hockey team spread out
among 3 floors to unsure the rest of the guest
could be bother by the noise of teenagers
with high levels of testosterone.

Manager would not return phone call after
trip. Called 5 times and Tanya was too busy
managing the hotel with a half dozen guest.

Would hate to see what this hotel was like
in the middle of July!

Have stayed here about 6 times since
their opening in 2003. Will Not Return.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

We got to the front desk and checked in everything was fine till we got to our room NOOOOOOOOOOOO hot water in the shower the heat didnt even get warm.sooooooooooo we were moved across the hall.well about 5 mins later we looked out through the peek hole and they put new people in that room.And the paper in the room says if you ever need anything or forget anything complimentray stuff can be given.My son didnt bring his tooth brush and they were all out.out of pillows towels.............................
No towels by the pool i will never stay at this dump again plus we called the front no answer we called 3 time so we went down and the girl is playing on a computer not helpful at all if you want my advice dont stay here.

• Liked — not really anything
  • Disliked — no hot water and not great service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

We just returned from a 1 night stay at the Comfort Suites. We were in Maine just overnight to attend a wake and funeral and soon discovered that there were not too many hotels in Biddeford so we figured how bad could a Comfort Suites be especially just for 1 night.
We checked in with no problems at all and everything in the lobby seemd to be nice. It was clean and decorated for the fall. At a first glance our room seemed ok as well but hold on. My 5 yo son went in to use the bathroom and within a few seconds he yelled for me and said "there is something in this toilet". When i went in to see what he was talking about, he had the toilet seat up and underneath the toilet seat it was covered in feces and I am not exaggerating it looked like someone had a very bad case of the flu, it was everywhere and obviosuly the bathroom was never cleaned after the last guests used that room. I was disgusted especially since my 5 yo had touched the seat. When I went down to complain and request a new room thats all I got was a "sorry bout that".
Seeing that obviosuly made me wonder what else had not been cleaned so we did change rooms. When in our new room the toilet was clean however I opened the fridge to put some snacks in for my son and found containers with store bought food that were dated months prior which again led me to believe that this room was never cleaned either. At that point I was so disgusted that we just went to bed because we had to be up early in the morning to attend the funeral and didn't really feel like switching rooms yet again.
Lastly my sister had the room next to our and when she took her shower the next morning the water was not going down the drain at all and she had to wait an hour for maintenence to arrive which made her late for her the funeral.
I understand that you have to expect some imperfections when traveling but the thing that made me even more irrate was that when we brought all of these things to the attention of the Hotel manager, she didn't really seem to care. That's all we got was another sorry. I even called Corporate headquarters for Choice Hotels to complain about the cleanliness of this hotel and they told me I would be contacted by the owner of this particular property and I did receive a letter about a week later once again with just an appology and stated that they will bring these things to the attention of the maintenence dept which in my opinion hs nothing to do with housekeeping.
Bottom line..........I would look for a hotel elsewhere if staying in Biddeford Maine unless cleanliness is not an issue for you.

• Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Clean room, quiet location, pleasant and helpful front desk, good breakfast, coffee available all day.

Chlorine smell from the pool was very noticeable. One morning the breakfast room was monopolized by a large group leaving no where to sit. The hotel did manage to keep food available but you had to return to your room to eat.

• Liked — While not a true suite, the extra room made the room more comfortable
  • Disliked — Chlorine smell
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Large, clean rooms with very comfortable bed. Breakfast bar is definitely above average. Great WIFI reception. Fall decorations in lobby and breakfast room made the place feel very cheerful. I could find nothing negative here

• Liked — Cleanliness and bed comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

Are stay at the Biddeford Comfort Suites was enjoyable. The rooms were clean upon arrival. The front desk was very friendly and knowledgable about local restaurants. I was disappointed the first day at breakfast when they were out of waffle mix but settled for toast. Coffee is outstanding. The breakfast area is small. It would be easier if the food was spread out instead of in a small corner. I was disappointed that our sheets did not get changed during our stay and our room not vacuumed but like I said earlier we had a nice clean room when we arrived. I would say that this place is really not kid oriented. A very small pool and really nothing to do around the property. It is kind of set back on a secluded road.

• Liked — Best Coffee ever
  • Disliked — Pool to small
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Northern NJ, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is a very convenient hotel to stay in when you are visiting the Kennebunk area. However, the Suites name is a misnomer. They call them suites but there is nothing but columns between the sitting room and the beds.
This hotel accepts pets. My room reeked of dog. I complained but they weren't able to fix it. Also, my room had the security bar missing from the window to discourage burglary, was missing screens, and was full of cobwebs, as was my ceiling. When I left a note, the cobwebs were dusted.
The rooms are attractive. I paid $169 on a weekend night and $119 the rest of my stay. The front desk staff was giggling because they were getting upwards of $189 for rooms, and I heard them offer a two BR suite to a couple for like $300. So def book ahead.
The room had a microwave, fridge, and a dry bar area. The sofa had a pullout bed but was only a single bed.
The pool was TINY. TINY! If more than three people swam at a time they had to just stand and guard their kids, not swim. There were never enough towels. The pool room had such bad fumes I had to leave and get my kids out of the water. The chlorine smell was just too strong.
The "HOT breakfast" is just extended continental. There were only make-it-yourself waffles and a couple of sausage patties. There was only one type of cereal. Many muffins, bagels, and English muffins though. There is never enough seating in the breakfast room and you have to fight for a table.
the hotel is near all the chains -- Olive Garden, Panera, two grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc. Very convenient. It's ten minutes to the Seashore Trolley Museum.
It's a pretty good hotel, but just be warned of the problems.

• Liked — Location made it cheaper than other hotels yet still convenient
  • Disliked — Pool, was not a true suite
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!