“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but fixed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Biddeford

You added Holiday Inn Express Biddeford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Barra Road, Exit 4 Business Park, Biddeford, ME 04005 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, but fixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our second stay at this place. In august, we had a good night's sleep and good service so we went back. That was on December 27th. See the other post by MrMouse32. EXACTLY the same situation. We were put on the 3rd floor and getting out of the elevator, you could see your breath. The floor in the bathroom was so cold we had to put on our shoes. We also complained to the manager who relocated us to the second floor (we checked in at 8 and by 9 we were one floor below the first room)... heat was on and we had a good night's sleep. We by-passed the breakfast so I can't rate that. But being a Gold Elite Member of Choice Hotels may have earned us some perks MrMouse didn't get. The temperature in that room must have been in the low 40s and full heat for over an hour did not change that.

Room Tip: Unless you are using the "sleep Management Program" at the local hospital that takes over...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Biddeford, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ValpoInd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with your room accommodation. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We checked into this hotel around 9:30 pm and it appeared to be nice. Our perceptions quickly changed once we made our way to our room. When we opened the door of our room, we were taken aback by just how cold it was. We quickly turned on the heat and called the front desk representative for extra blankets to keep warm while the room heated up. The front desk representative assured us that the room would get warm quickly. I decided to check to make sure that the windows in the room were closed only to find that they wouldn’t lock. Since our room was on the first floor, we thought it was unsafe for the window locks to be broken. While we were waiting for the room to heat up, I decided to go to the hotel lobby to use the computer to check my Email only to find that it didn't work.

At 11:30 pm, we called the front desk again because the room temperature was still somewhat cold and uncomfortable. The front desk agent came and agreed that the room was cold. He offered to move us to another room; however, since it was so late we decided it wouldn’t make much sense to pack everything up so we decided to stay. We were brought more blankets.
The next morning we decided to take advantage of the complimentary “hot” breakfast. The breakfast consisted of a few cereals, a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, fruit and pastries. The bananas that were served were actually rotten. The front desk agent who was responsible for answering phones and checking people out was also responsible for overseeing the breakfast selection. Several of the containers that were used for milk and juices needed to be refilled. The hotel clearly was understaffed!

When I went back to the room to take a shower, I turned on the shower only to find that it was broken too! The shower head was loose and water squirted everywhere. Our hotel stay could not get any worse. When I called the front desk to speak to a manager, I was advised that no manager was on duty at the time. I am still awaiting a call back from the hotel manager.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Before I even checked in I had called to see if there were any attractions for the holidays that I should go and see while I was in town. I spoke to Nicole and she told me that she didn’t know of anything off the top of her head but would do some research and have it waiting for me when I checked in! Are you serious!? Talk about going above and beyond for the guests!

When I arrived to the hotel, everything was great! They were doing a Santa Event for kids and families with hot coca, popcorn, cotton candy, cookie decorating, a sleigh ride, and a visit from Santa! What a great way to get everyone in the holiday spirit!

The room was very clean and spacious and the staff was excellent! Breakfast was awesome and seemed to be a little better then other Choice Hotels that I've stayed in! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennebunk, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had no problem checking in. I had no problem finding my room. I found my room to be clean. I also found my room to be very quiet. The front desk people were kind and helpfull. Parking was also close to the entrance as well. I also liked that the pillows and bed were clean and comfortable. I did notice that the bathroom floor was very much cold for first thing in the morning. The couch cushions could have been more neatly placed. I guess what upset me the most was that the Travel Channel would not come in on the TV as so I could watch one of my weekly programs. And I would think that if a channel should always come in at a hotel I would think it should be that type of channel. This was the third time I have stayed here, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We chose to stay here instead of Portland because Portland was so expensive. It was an easy 30 minute drive to Portland and we enjoyed the scenery. After spending the day in Portland we actually preferred staying in this smaller town rather than busier Portland.

Our room here was large. Although the room itself was clean, the shower caulking had mold so obviously some attention needs to be paid to routine maintenance. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice. Free wi-fi worked well.

As with most hotels that offer free breakfast, the food isn't all that great but it was edible and one less meal you have to buy.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We understood this is a huge tourism area and hotels are higher priced but what a disappointment for our money. On the plus side - the front desk staff were quite friendly and helpful. And the room was a very nice size. Now to the negatives: the room smelled awful. Maybe old cigarette smell or mildew or something. It wasn't that clean. Bathroom counter hadn't been cleaned off for one and didn't feel like much had been done to room. Updating would also be nice.
Our room didn't have an iron and the hair dryer didn't work. Now back to the front desk - they were willing to bring us another iron but she was so busy that she didn't get to it for awhile. Finally we said nevermind and we'd wear things that didn't need ironing. She was willing to help though! And - when the hair dryer didn't work the next day - this new girl at the front desk quickly gave me a key to a nearby empty room to use that hair dryer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sidney ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent one night here due to doctors appointment in the morning. It is located in a Business Park close to a hospital. It was very clean, beds were comfortable, and perhaps because it was a corner room, very quiet for sleeping. The only suggestion I would make would be to change the drapes as one of them was very obviously torn (room 201). The complimentary breakfast was good and plentiful. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!