“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stopped here for first time, Been to Olive Gardens elsewhere many times. I have to praise these guys at all locations on their buildings and the outside appearance. This location however, had the WORST interior I have ever seen. Not your typical nice italian feel like all the other places we have been. Very open with tables which remind me a a tourist road side stop. The walls are all white, the curtains plain yellow, an dno where could you find music, let alone italian type tunes. The decor had not a single pic or fake grapes or wine bottles to be found in the eating part of the place. It was very bright and had a not comfortable feel we are used to with this chain. They should fire the interior design person for here. Now, as to the meals? 5 stars for sure. I had a new dish to me, Lobster and shrimp type cannelloni dish that was the best I ever ate...Yummy. A bit pricey at $18 but oh my god so good. My wife had the chicken marsala which is always great. Their tiramasu and coffee is the best we have found anywhere. Even though stuffed we had to have it. The house wine, however was very dry, and kinda sad they charge you $.25 for a sample taste. Whats up with that? Sad...Also very disappointed that in the day of microbrew
in New England that they actually had zero on tap. Yeah I know its italian, think wine I guess.
The service was fast and very polite, checked back to make sure all was good several times. Overall, we love Olive Garden and will return, just not to this tacky location which appears better suited for big parties.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

st Petersburg, United States
“Safe bet for a nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Typical Olive Garden performance, good food served quite well. The food was about the norm for any Olive Garden visited, descent menu and average pricing. Whilst this was not the finest Olive Garden meal I have enjoyed there is nothing negative about the experience. The food was not just prepared and the breadsticks not just out of the oven, there was a long wait for soup that I ended up taking a refill home as it was not available before the main course. Service was average.

Visited August 2013
mercier
“Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We always go to Olive Garden when in the states. I had a problem with portions of my meal being cold twice and I finally told the waitress to just take it back. Service from the waitress and the manager was great. I was not charged.
The real problem here was the condition of the restaurant. It was in need of a good renovation. The seats of the booths were very bad and the overall appearance is not what we usually see. They did not have the chairs on wheels that we really like.
I feel that a neglected restaurant makes me wonder about the cleanliness.Hope they do something about this. I must say that this is the first in over 20 different places we have been to so far.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto
“Absolutely phenomenal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here 2 times on our trip to Maine - both times we had a server called EARL who was just fantastic- he took the Olive Garden experience to a whole new level - while we will always have pictures of the beaches of Maine - Earl's awesome service and personality is something we will not forget for years. Thank you Earl!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hitchin, UK
“Reliable quality at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were taken here by our relative, who lives in Biddeford. As a restaurant on a mall out of the town we didn't have high expectations. However we found the junch food very fresh, well presented and the service was friendly and business-like. The menu range was good and portions great. we remembered that we'd tried an Olive Garden elsewhere before and recalled the same quality. Then, later, our daughter (in Texas) said she'd found their food consistently reliable. So full marks for a chain that does what it does well. We wouldn't come here for a night out or a romantic meal, but we'd certainly recommend this one for lunch at least.

• Visited June 2013