“Not Just for the Retired” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Carpe Diem $89 Same Day
Ranked #2 of 16 Bethel B&B and Inns
Lehi, Utah
“Not Just for the Retired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Holidae House for a few nights and we quite enjoyed it. While we were referred to as "the young couple" by the other guests that were all significantly older than us, we didn't mind. The house is old and has its quirks but it also has a feeling of significance. Breakfast was yummy and the hosts were warm and sociable. This isn't the place to stay if you just want to sit in your room and watch TV as the TVs are quite small...but why would you want to do that anyway?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for only one night, as we were skiing at Sunday River for two days and the location was very close by--about 10 minutes. We are a young couple and were a bit wary about staying at a bed & breakfast (we are used to hotels), but this place fulfilled out expectations by a million! When we walked in, we felt right at home when Lawrence greeted us and showed us around. He is such a nice man! The room was very nice, as was the whole house. When we woke up early in the morning ready to ski, Lawrence was already up cooking breakfast. We could order whatever we wanted and he made it, and there were so many coffee and tea options! The homemade granola was fantastic. It was such a perfect stay; we could not have asked for more but to stay longer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Laurence and Marcia are fantastic! My girlfriend and I booked a last minute stay and were greeted warmly upon arrival late in the evening. Our room was very spacious and comfortable and the home is beautiful. The breakfast was unforgettable and we had a great conversation with Laurence and Marcia. I have always been a bit weary of B&B's and typically prefer hotels, however this place blew away my expectations. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Comfortable room, great breakfast. Lacks wi fi if that's an issue. Little extras like cookies and games were nice. Inn keep was very friendly and accommodating. I'm not sure how much longer this review needs to be.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Delightful indeed but where to begin? Gracious and warm welcome, rooms tastefully decorated, expertly supplied with ample bedding and linens and just an overall feeling of comfort. The attention to detail had me inspecting every inch of this beautiful Inn and I don't believe they have overlooked a single detail. As for the Laurence, the consummate gentleman of the house, I have nothing but 6 out of 5 stars as my rating. How is it possible to be that charming and still make such a lovely poached egg? His breakfast preparation skills are usually reserved for the most hardened, ornary and foul-mouthed diner cooks but this true gentleman dazzles from check-in to check-out... especially at breakfast. He did mention the yummy eggs were delivered fresh from a lovely couple at a local farm and the bright orange yolks would certainly attest to that! Regrettably we only had a moment with his equally as charming wife Marcia but whoever is behind the scones should be honored and praised daily. With such a great location we will return again soon once the snow piles up on Sunday River just a bit more for a weekend of skiing. I see myself having a cordial or two in the parlor after skiing and never wanting to leave!

Room Tip: Room #2 upstairs had a very spacious bathroom
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

What a treat to stay in such a well appointed inn with gracious, wonderful hosts. Laurence is a sweet man, such a gentleman and wow, he can cook a GREAT breakfast. Fresh ingredients, made exactly how I requested. His wife's homemade pastries were a delight! The room was beautiful, comfortable and classy. Loved the complimentary brandy before bed!! Do yourself a favor and spend a few nights at Holidae House!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My two friends and I drove from Maryland to Maine after Thanksgiving for a friend's wedding. We were given a list of hotels from the bride, but fortunately we came across this House instead. It was more than I could have imagined. The house is older but clean and cozy. The room was perfect with plenty of space and very comfortable beds and linens. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot! (hot water is a very big deal when it's 20 degrees outside)

Aside from the accommodations, the real prize at the Austin Holidae House is the breakfast and Lawrence! Oh my gosh! He is an angel. He treated us like old friends and welcomed us with open arms. And the cooking! Oh the cooking! Breakfast started with hot tea and fresh scones. Then we had either farm-fresh eggs with bacon and toast, or cinnamon bread french toast with maple syrup and sausages. It was heavenly. I still dream about those buttery, golden eggs to this day.

I think the highest praise I can give is this - We've always been hotel people, but after experiencing the warmth and hospitality of this House, we might just be B&B people now.

Room Tip: If you have three people ask for the big room. They brought in an extra bed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Austin's Holidae House B&B? Share your experiences!