“Interesting setting for a Japanese Korean Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Bethel
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Interesting setting for a Japanese Korean Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have been coming to Sunday River for years to ski and quickly learned in the first year to acquire accommodations with a kitchen! However it is vacation so we always have 1 meal out just so dishes don't have to be done. We turned to Trip Advisor for advise and saw the great reviews for Cho Sun. With the glowing reviews I was hoping we could get in and we did but later in the evening. We drove up and had quite a few chuckles on our first "sushi" restaurant in a New England home!

We stopped laughing when we walked into the tastefully decorated restaurant which was full though other restaurants on the way in were almost empty. We were greeted promptly and seated at a cozy high top table though with sore ski muscles getting seated was a little tricky. Service started a little slow as the restaurant was busy--wine and sodas taking 15 minutes and the apps took 20 minutes. Our waiter was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. We had seaweed salad, dumplings, mango ginger duck, japchae, and bibimbap. All was fresh, original and all tasted incredible!

So even if this is not your typical location for a Korean restaurant the food and service will have us stop cooking for 1 night while skiing!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Should be number one in The area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Service is Great! They were all super nice.
Food is amazing. Disclosure i had Korean dishes and not sushi. All was delish; the kimchee pancake, the house specilaty, the Chicken B... All was savory and well prepared.. This is my third time there and I will keep coming!

Bethel, Maine
“Cho Sun food is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Every dish is made fresh at the time you order. So even though you sometimes have to wait for large party orders, the results are spectacular. This is the restaurant that you don't want to miss if you are in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Service is AWFUL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We (a party of 6) sat at the bar for dinner. The restaurant was not overly crowded - still available tables. We waited for over 2 hours to receive our food. The bartender was also a waitress and the owner had no idea how to tend bar. The food is fantastic but not worth the wait. This is the 2nd time I've visited the restaurant and the 2nd time we've had to wait a ridiculously long time for our food. I can only assume there is one Chef in back. The owner is pleasant and nice but she needs to chip in and help. Her frequent visits did not wow me enough to override the long wait for our food. By time the food arrived everyone in our party was starving. As a result we were not sure if the food was fantastic or we were just beyond hungry and would have eaten anything.

I would not recommend taking children to this restaurant as the service stinks and they are not very accommodating - one table behind us had to track down a waitress twice for sodas not delivered as ordered and for utensils.

If you are in a hurry, again I would not recommend this restaurant. If you are looking for a leisurely, romantic meal, then this is the place to go and you will not be disappointed. Despite the delicious food, I need to rank this very poorly, especially because this was our second visit with the same results. I hope the owner takes note of some of the comments and learns how to tend bar and/or tables.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Doesn't Disappoint....Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spend a four day vacation every year in Bethel for my ski extravaganza and have done that for a quite a few years now. Three years ago, I was recommended to try Cho Sun because of my vegetarian diet. I have been hooked since. Of those four days, I eat there a least twice. The owner is a hoot, she's very attentive and shows you the correct way to eat her tradition food. I would give tis place a whole five fingers up and I would eat at the bar if I were you. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere