“Poor Food Quality” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor Food Quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a family dinner here and the food was insipid. The medium rare burger came out like hockey puck and my son's ginger ale tasted like soap. The highlight of the meal was a hair in my wife's fries. There was little to no response from management and when confronted with the hair in the food, the waitress resembled a deer in headlights.

We do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Augusta, Maine
“one of the best dinner I've had in a LONG time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Maybe we were just lucky, but my boyfriend and I had one of the best dinners at this steakhouse. We wanted to go out for a nicer dinner than we usually do, and this place was perfect. We had a crab dip appetizer that was impeccable. I had a baked-stuffed haddock for my entree, which came with a nice green salad, fresh green beans, AND a twice-baked potato. All of my food was amazing, especially the haddock. We finished off our meal with chocolate cake and that was delicious as well.

We had an amazing waitress. We got our food quickly but it was a Saturday night, and the waitress kept emphasizing she wasn't rushing us by giving us our good quickly. I felt like we could have stayed an hour after eating! Honestly just a great meal and I have no complaints!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

One of our dinners was inedible although the other was good. A side item chosen from the waitresses offered selections was not available and a substitute made without being given the choice of making another selection. Although it was early and there were few people the dinners came too promptly the salads weren't even quite finished. We will not be going back, even though the waitress was good and tried to make up for the lack of concern by the manager regarding the fatty, grisly, tough steak.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My friend and I went to the Black Diamond Steakhouse for dinner during our visit to Sunday River for a week of skiing. It was so good we went back the next night. We are returning to Sunday River at the end of the month and will probably do for dinner a couple of nights. I had the baked stuffed shrimp. It was done to perfection. And I know baked stuffed shrimp as that is what I usually order at other restaurants. The next night we had the French onion soup. Awesome.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“Excellent Family-Owned Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

There are not a lot of decent, off-mountain eating options at Sunday River, but this is one you should definitely hit if you want to escape from your condo or hotel. The ownership and wait staff are very friendly. The restaurant is quiet and clean. I went with two of my adult sons for dinner and our steaks and appetizers were very good, and perfectly done. The portions are modest, but that's OK. Plenty to eat and moderately priced. As ski area restaurants go, this one ranks very high and is a great place to grab a steak.

• Visited December 2013